Chapter 22

A few days later, we were back in the studio. They boys were messing around, as usual, and I was sitting in a comfy chair, thinking deeply about my life right now.

What am I going to do about graduation? I'm currently a junior, taking online school. I really wanted to graduate with all my friends next year. Would I be allowed to? Well, with Mr. Desmore as principal, he would probably allow it. What about going to college? It has always been a dream of mine to get a college degree. Would I quit 1D for this?

What about figure skating? I've still got my skate final to go to, and if I place high in that, I could go to the Olympics. Mom even has gotten emails for it! Olympians are rare...and if I could be one, I would jump at the chance...or would I? What would I do If I had the chance to prove myself as an Olympic legend like my sister?

How could I ever leave the band? I couldn't just leave the boys! They were my best friends. I couldn't imagine not being with them. How would they feel?

This contradictory was driving me insane. I was so into my thoughts, that I didn't hear Niall and Zayn calling my name.

"Hayley!"

I looked up. "Yes? What?"

"We were wondering if you could sing this part for us?"

"Huh?"

"We can't figure out how we should sing it, so hearing from a fan's point of view would really help us." said Niall.

"Um, okay." I said. Niall gave me a sheet of paper, and sang the three lines on it once for me.

"Now just repeat the lines, but use 'he' instead of 'she'."

I repeated the lines. I was an okay singer...nothing like the boys.

"Wow." said Niall, "That was lovely"

"Ha, not really." I said.

Niall rolled his eyes.

"Dallas texted me and was wondering if you could text him." said Zayn.

"Ok," I said, whipping out my phone, "but why would he text you first and not me?"

Zayn shrugged. "We like to talk."

"About what?" I demanded, furrowing my eyebrows.

"You know, about stuff." He said.

I put my hands on my hips.

Zayn shrugged. "He only has his younger brother, Jake, to talk to. He likes talking to me probably because I'm older, and understand how he's struggling with fame...and you know, he likes to talk about girls."

"GIRLS?!"

"You, really. He asks me if you would like to go places or if you would like a gift he's gotten."

"What?!" I cried. "Why wouldn't he ask me?"

"Embarrassment?" said Zayn.

"Great!" called Harry from the sound board. "The voice over idea was a great one, Zayn!"

"What?" I asked, looking behind Zayn and Niall.

"Um, nothing." Said Harry, turning back to the computer screen.

I glared at him and walked over. I looked over at his computer screen.

"Harold. Edward. Styles." I said, sternly.

He looked over his shoulder and smiled innocently.

I glanced at his screen and immediately, my eyes widened. Harry got a recording of me singing, and inserted it in the song.

I pressed the play button and slipped on Harry's headphones.

The melody, me, which was obviously auto-tuned, sounded very soft and feminine, which I guess was the objective.

Suddenly, the boys came in with beautiful harmonies, to support my voice. There were no instruments, just voices.

Then Harry came in with the countermelody.

It was gorgeous. Us two, singing, with Liam, Niall, Zayn, and Louis singing beautiful harmonies.

I slowly removed the headphones and looked over at Liam and Louis in the glass sound both, who smiled and waved.

"Wow." I said, looking at Harry. "It's great."

"We wanted you to join us when we're onstage, so Zayn suggested you sing with us."

"Yeah, but I can't do that!"

"It's only three lines." said Harry. You'll be onstage for a few minutes, sing three lines, and then, poof! Be gone!"

"Well..." I said.

"It'll be REALLY fun!" said Louis through the glass. "We promise, it'll be an amazing experience."

"FINE." I said. "But only this one song. NOTHING else."

Harry smiled.

"Let's call this "Hayley's Song" from now on until we release the album, we don't want anyone to know what it's actually called." said Louis.

"Yeah, no." said Harry. "Let's call this "Harry AND Hayley's song."

Louis rolled his eyes. "Whatever."

There was a knock at the door a moment later. I ran to open it.

"Dallas!" I cried, giving the brunette a huge hug.

"Hi Hayles." He said, kissing my cheek. "I came over to pick you up to go out for lunch."

"What?" I asked. "A date?"

Dallas nodded. "A lunch date."

I stood there in shock. "But...I don't have any good clothes to wear!" The paparazzi would probably degrade me in my jeans and sweatshirt.

"Nah, no biggie," he said, grabbing my satchel.

"but...but...."

Dallas turned around and placed his pointer finger on my lip, which of course, made me go into a mental state of frenzy.

"No 'buts'." He whispered.

I turned to look at the boys. Liam mouthed "go" and Louis gave me a thumbs up. I turned back to look at Dallas square in the eye, and asked, "So where're we goin' partner?"

Dallas smirked. "You can't talk southern, that's MY thing."

"Howdy Pardner, Ain't this a BEAUTIFUL day, huh, Dah-Lin?"

"I'm not a red neck, Hayley."

I giggled. "C'mon, let's go."