Chapter #1| Truth or dare

Laughed along with my brothers as most of them prefer to do dares and tell the truth about their deepest secrets. Being the youngest among four, they're overly protective treating me like I am fragile. I wanted to prove to my brothers and my parents that I can protect myself rather than relying on them.

"Alright Kyran it's your turn, truth or dare?" asked Killian the eldest brother. It would me meaningless to choose truth since I have nothing to hide so I chose dare. Thinking I made the right choice my brothers thought otherwise and their smirks screams trouble.

"C-Can I change my answer?" I asked Killian.

"That's not how the game works baby brother" Benjamin replied. I looked at my second eldest brother silently pleading for him to be on my side. I bite my bottom lip nervous to hear what I have to do to complete the dare.

"I dare you to venture into the woods for an hour, there's a cabin ten minutes away from the pack so all you have to do is follow the dirt trail to get to your destination. After the hour is over then you can return" said Killian. I wasn't fond of the idea, I never been into the woods before and I fear what lurks within. Hearing stories of raging rogues venturing freely close to the border, I fear for my safety and my family.

"I-I'll do anything but that" I replied

"I thought you wanted to prove to use you're not only strong but also brave enough to be out of your comfort zone so now is your change to prove it" said Killian.

"He's right Killian, it's to dangerous for Kyran to venture along so just choose a different dare" said Jacob my third eldest brother.

"He'll be fine, Kyran will need to learn his way around the woods. He'll learn to defend himself after he mates" Killian replies. With the on going argument between my brothers I knew Killian is right, I did wanted to prove to them I can handle things on my own no matter how hard it is, it's a challenge I'll need to overcome. Agreeing with his dare, I bring what's important inside my bag pack. Sneaking out of my bedroom, I know my parents will have a heart attacking knowing I won't be in my room.

***** 

Sneaking past patrol I followed the map Killian drawn for me, it look easy enough so there shouldn't be any problem. Squealing after walking into a spider web and throwing my bag at a toad jumping out of the bushes, I wanted this dare to end soon. I stopped in confusion staring at two different paths, it wasn't even drawn on the map.

"Damn it Killian, you said there's only one path" I growled to myself. Not even the drawn map is usual enough for me to find my way. As the sun sets, I am left choosing a path hoping it'll be the right one to the cabin.

"W-Wait, this isn't on the map" I said. Using my flash light to see the map, the dirt trail is no longer in view. Panicking I walked through bushes trying to find the path again, once I find it I can turn back and choose another path. Reality hit me hard, I was lost and along in the woods, I wasn't sure how long I've been here and I pray my brothers notice I hadn't return home.

"No. No. No!" I whimpered. All I have a bottle of water, my jacket and spare batteries for my flash light. I didn't think it was necessary to bring my phone, I hardly use it anyway and right I now I regret not bringing it. I called for help hoping the war wolves would hear my cries and I am afraid I venture further away than I expected without noticing. Feeling pain shoot to my core, I knew my heat will be arriving soon. Only heat control pills will be able to take away the pain and sadly I didn't bring them either.

Hearing growls from the distance I quickly climb the nearest tree hiding myself from danger, the growl didn't sound like a normal wolf and what I fear is I may encounter a raging rogue. A group of rogue wolves chased after a scared deer, I couldn't believe rogues are inside the border or am I outside?!

"D-Don't look up" I whimpered softly and even covering my mouth to contain my cries. Feeling a hand grip my ankle I screamed in fear trying to kick whoever is attacking me. Throwing my bag won't make my attacker go away until my head slam on the floor knocking me out.