Chapter 24|| Close on my tail

My heart uncontrollably beat as I took a deep breath, this was it, this is me starting to make things better. Their camp sat in the small valley fires roamed their site and they were scattered doing the necessary chores. For what I hoped would be the last time I put on my helmet as did Annabeth, Alex couldn't look any more excited to get back to her fellow archers she wore a smile and seemed to want to get away from us as fast as possible.

"Stay back" I warn Annabeth, "Their first move will be to capture me, do not try to stop them"

"What happens if something goes wrong?" Annabeth asks with a worried tone.

"Nothing, because nothing will happen, I have to tell Thalia who I am before our relationship decays anymore"

Annabeth sends a short nod

"Right, Alex let's get going" I sigh.

We make our way down the slope, wary of any movement or possible arrows. Our surrounding seems to get more quiet the closer we get which is a worrying sign in my head.

"Halt!" Yells a voice from the trees, we look up to see a huntress with an arrow aimed at me. "You" she sneers once she sees me.

"No, that is not my name but anyway, I am here to return your stolen archer as promised" I sigh, "And yes she is unharmed, right Alex?"

"Phoebe, put down your bow he means no harm" Alex states.

Phoebe looks disinterested. She looks behind her shoulder, "Call the lieutenant and tell her that Alexander has returned along with her kidnapper!"

More archers appear with their arrows aimed at my heart, they all send me glares of hate. They then begin to close in none of them dare to lower their weapons, in an act of surrender I place my hands in the air, some hold shock but quickly regain their looks of hate. Four archers go behind me and poke my back ordering me to move. Obediently I walk through the trees towards their camp where Thalia stands with an impressed look. Eventually I am told to stop and am brought to my knees.

"Archers, scan the premises this is a trap, a man with this power doesn't just surrender so easily" Thalia orders. The archers disperse within the trees. Thalia goes down to my level, "So why are you being so helpful today?" she asks.

"I have something to say"

"You aren't going to fool me" Thalia sneers.

"Thalia, I swear on the river Styx that I will not harm anyone on these grounds, I came here to talk about something that you need to know"

Interest sparked in her blue eyes. "Speak"

Cautiously I stand up still with my hands above my head. "I am sorry for any harm or fright that I may or may not have caused to you and your archers" I start, "You see I feared that you were too close on my tail so I acted irrationally, I know you and that you would not stop until you found out who I was so I took Alexander captive"

"What do you mean that you know me?" Thalia curiously asks.

"I know that your brother is Jason, I know that even though you are the daughter of Zeus, god of the sky you are scared of heights and that at first you did not think to highly of the hunters of Artemis" I state, "And yes, I know that you know who I am, and I came here to clarify who I am" I do not wait for her response I begin to take off my helmet, Thalia's jaw hangs open.

"Percy" She breathes.

"Thalia, I am sorry for what I did" I say, "I know you to well, I knew that you were going to find out who I was soon enough, it was unfair of me and well I am sorry"