Chapter 23|| A moody Teenage Girl

"So, what are you going to do?" Annabeth asks whilst we walk with our hands intertwined along long island beach.

"I am not sure" I answer honestly ignoring all suggestions that my head had listed, they all ranged from starting a war against him to destroying Chaos but none of them would do any good to me or my relationship with Annabeth, and that was something that I was not going to destroy.

We spent some time walking along the beach trying to avoid any contact from any of the camp's members. My thoughts lead me to how Annabeth and I had barely had anytime to be a couple without a new war or enemy coming up. Now was hopefully our chance to become the couple that everyone had hoped for, what I hope for.

"I think that I do need to confront him" I admit, "Because it was wrong with what he did and also I think that I need to talk to Paige about maybe taking my place"

Annabeth stopped in her tracks, "Percy, she would not do it" She states, "trust me, Chaos tried for a while and she turned him down, continuously"

This isn't something that I have not been told before, Paige herself had even told me. However, I wasn't going to give up to easily.

"Yes, but Chaos only gave her his reasons, not the people's" I suggest, "Also if I am to honestly tell Chaos the truth of how I never wanted the crown I have to help him give my crown back to its true owner and that is Paige, she is the true heir"

Annabeth responds with a smile and pecks my cheek, "Please, never change" She looks up at me with her happy grey stormy eyes, the eyes that I love.

"Then please, never leave me" I smile.

"Never" She repeats with a toothy grin.

My chest warms up as the love that I have for her runs through the blood of my veins and into my heart. I lean and give her a gentle kiss, Annabeth wraps her arms around my neck and I around her waist, "Gods, I love you" I say once we pull apart with each other smiles.

"Not as much as I do" She smiles.

"Okay, great so you love each other whoop-de-doo, let's throw a wedding and celebrate" A sarcastic voice interrupts, "Gods, it is like rated PG13 here, it is a good thing that it is only me"

We turn our blushed cheeks to face Rebel who does not look too happy. Her crossed arms sit on her chest as she gives us a disapproving look. Her mask is off and her jet-black hair is down, she wears a pair of black jeans and a strapped black top.

"Great, anything else?" I smirk, "because you ruined a moment here"

Rebel rolls her eyes, "Actually there is something" She grins. Annabeth and I look at each other with confused looks, her arms still wrapped around my neck.

"What?" We ask together.

Rebel throws her arms in the air and run to us and hugs the air out of my lungs, "That you two have finally found each other!" She then parts and slaps my arm, "And that is for you leaving me unconscious in a hospital bed alone" She says like a moody teenaged girl, once again she smiles and hugs us once more, "I am so happy for you two!"

"Thanks" I say rubbing my arm.

"So how did you manage to tell him without Chaos getting mad?" Rebel asks Annabeth.

Anger rushes through me as Rebel admits that she knew about Annabeth, but try to quickly maintain it.

Annabeth shyly pushes her hair behind her ear, "That's the thing, I didn't tell him" She says. Rebel gasps, "No, it is nothing like that Percy intruded on a conversation that we are having, actually it was more of an argument and I was under the impression that he was here so my mask was off"