Chapter 1|| Pain can takeover your mind

Two months they had been gone. They were sent on a mission to go help the amazons as a demigod had been trying to blow up their headquarters, they called them to help talk this kid out because Hylla didn't have the patience and nor did the rest of the amazons. So they iris messaged us asking for some help, so Piper, Annabeth and Hazel were sent because they're girls and apparently us guys won't do the right job. 

Today they come back. I've been waiting for this day since they left, I miss my wise girl I should've gone with her, but my new little brother had been due and mom wanted me to be there, 'as you never know when there will be another war' mom says.

Whilst Annabeth had been gone the nymphs had been taken their shots at flirting with me, I had told them countless times about my girlfriend and they knew it too, they just didn't listen. I tried to get Grover to tell them to back off but that didn't work either. So now all I do is lie on my bed and wait for to come, and boy it's been a while.

After about an hour of lying on my bed some distant commotion caught my attention, I put a shirt on and walked outside to check it out, as it may be the girls returning. Jason came out of his cabin too, with a look of excitement. We would've run but we didn't want to give the girls the pleasure of seeing us desperate.

We finally reached the top of half blood hill, there was no cheering Chiron stood with a sad look on his face and Piper and Hazel had blood shot eyes of sadness. I walked past them hoping to see Annabeth, only she wasn't there.

I looked back to seed our pairs of sad eyes looking at me. Before I could ask where she was Piper sobbed, "I'm so sorry Percy." She didn't need to say more, I felt as if someone had taken riptide and pierced my heart, I stumbled back until I tripped on the floor in tears. She couldn't have been gone, my wise girl isn't gone, this is just some sick joke, she's coming back I can feel it.

A demigod on border petrol yelled something but I couldn't hear it as my head was filled with voices telling me she's gone. Someone walked up from behind me and tightly wrapped their arms around me. I could feel her bow strap and quiver, it was Thalia, she didn't say a word she just held me in a tight embrace. The gods seemed to hear as it started to rain, we didn't run inside we just sat there as the tears of the gods fell onto us.

After twenty minutes of quiet sobbing i could hear her voice, telling me to get up, I lifted my head hoping to see her but I could only see demigod's standing around us with sad faces. I realized then that I didn't even know the story, I looked up at Piper, she was crying in Jason's arms.

"What happened?" I growled. Piper had a look like she didn't want to say it, "What happened!" I yelled.

Piper looked taken back by my sudden outrage, Hazel was about to tell the story for Piper but Piper put her hand on Hazel's arm and said, "No, this was my fault so my story" She took a deep breath, "We were in a fight against the demigod, he claimed that one of the amazons had broken his brothers heart then killed him. He witnessed this whole thing from hiding behind a wall, the amazon had shot an arrow through his brothers heart and then left him to die, he then vowed revenge on the whole group of amazons and not just her" she said calmly, "We were in a fight against this kid, he had another boy with him who was his brothers best friend I think." She thought for a brief moment, "But the boys wouldn't listen when we tried to talk them out of it and it started a fight, the older one knocked Hazel out by hitting her on the head with the halt of his sword making it a fair fight sort of. I carried on trying to talk to boys out of it using my charm speak, Annabeth kept telling me to stop and to fight but I didn't listen the brother became frustrated and ran at me but i had my back to him Annabeth stood in front of me and took the sword in the gut" A tear strolled down her cheek, "Annabeth saved my life, and honestly I feel angry as her life is more important than mine" Jason wrapped his arm around Piper, he wanted to say something but Piper stopped him, "Don't try to comfort me because it's true, anyway the brother realized what he had done and so had I, something came over me something I had no control of." She paused, "Anger took over me and I didn't like it because I went for that boy, both seemed to realize my anger and ran off, I turned to Annabeth and saw her dead body fade away sort of like how a monster turns to dust"