Nina had a long time to think about that as she headed south.

Tony sat across the office from Theo and sighed, "she has a right to see Melody. The best you can do is insist on a neutral venue, a contact centre...but you can't stop her completely."

Theo ran a hand over his eyes hating that Sadie could keep causing so much trouble, "but she..."

Tony held up a hand to silence her, "even the law thinks she deserves another chance, but a SAFE one. You can't stop this, but you can wait for it all to go wrong."

"AGAIN! And at what cost to Melody? Anything could have happened to her last time. She could have got out, left the house, got snatched, run over...and what if no one had come to the house, how long would Melody have gone without food, drink?"

Tony reached out and placed a hand on Theo's forearm, "I didn't say it's right, but this is the way the law works, and everyone has a second chance, ok? We can't stop it, but we can control it, we can make it as difficult as possible, if that's what it takes, but to be honest, don't you think Melody WANTS to see her mother?"

Theo couldn't fight with that, she did ask about her mother, that didn't mean he wanted to let her go, but this wasn't essentially about just him. That was what he'd learned in the time he'd been a parent. It didn't mean he liked losing control, but Tony was right, and as best friends went, he was always right.

"Thanks Tony, I don't know how to thank you. I may not always seem grateful...but I am."

Tony smiled, "well you coming to that party tomorrow night goes a long way to helping."

Theo groaned at the thought, "you honestly want me to come?"

He nodded, "I can't get out of it, you know that. But of all the clients I have these are the most impressive, the daughter is one of the biggest catches this side of the Royals. I HAVE to be there, and you owe me."

The thought of an engagement party was torture to Theo's ears, but he'd dragged his friend and lawyer to SO many bad places over the years that he owed him.

"I haven't got childcare..."

Tony had that covered, "you know that my sister is MORE than happy, she'll stay at my house with Melody, she knows the place, she knows my sister. What can go wrong?"

Nina hadn't been in the house for five minutes when the phone rang. Exhausted, she picked it up expecting it to be Lilah, and was surprised, and not pleasantly, to hear her brother's voice.

"Can you meet me...in London?"

Nina groaned, "James I have no intention of coming into the City, I've been away..."

"But it's really important...I HAVE to see you." He was begging, this was not like James. Instantly her heckles rose.

"I am NOT doing it; can you please leave me in peace?"

"Nina, I need to speak to you. If I have to come to you I will."

She'd always avoided him coming to her house, and whilst it would be easy to invite HIM to travel to her, the thought of him invading her world gave her goose bumps. She knew that James never gave up, so she had to take control of this.

"Tomorrow, there's a cafe on Parker Street, a few doors along from the tube station. I'll be there between ten and half past. After that I will be gone. THAT is all I'm offering."

With that she hung up, it had been several months since she'd last seen her brother, the time she'd released the last instalment of money that he'd asked for. Now she had to go and see him again. And it was the last thing she wanted.