Chapter 31.

Delilah's POV

"So um.. was that an original?" I asked Harry, breaking the not so awkward silence as we walked back to my house.

"Yeah, did you like it?" He asked turning his head towards me.

"Surprisingly I did." I smiled at him. We walked along the cold streets, staring ahead of us being guided by the stars in the sky. Our hands would occasionally brush against each other until Harry eventually interlocked them. I could feel the blood rush to my cheeks, luckily it was dark so he couldn't see.

"So, did they like your work?" He asked, looking at me again.

"Not everyone understood it, but the people who did were really supportive." I gushed.

"That's great."

"So, you really got signed to a record company?" I questioned.

"Yep." He simply replied.

"Which one?"

"Syco..." He trailed off.

"Isn't that-" I said before he cut me off.

"Simon Cowell's? Yeah, it is." He finished for me.

"Wow." Was all I could say.

"You know, his teeth are a lot whiter in person."

"Okay, you get signed to a major record company and all you can comment on is his teeth?" I asked sarcastically.

"You'd say the same if you saw them."

"Okay, I believe you." I joked.

"I guess the future looks bright for the both of us." He smiled.

"I guess..." I replied, still unsure of my future.

"You guess?"

"What if I fail and end up living in a trashcan down a back alley?" I said over emphasizing my point.

"We both know that's not gonna happen." He tried to be reassuring.

"How would you know, you haven't seen my art work?" I teased.

"Okay, I'm sorry." He joked. "But I have seen some of your work, in your room, remember?" He said poking my cheek.

"That's nothing." I replied.

"I can't wait to see the rest then." He grinned.

"Did I miss anything at school?" I quizzed, changing the subject.

"No, not really. Some year 9's attempted to start a food fight, it was nothing compared to ours." He replied nudging my side with his elbow.

"Yeah, that was pretty epic." I sighed.

"You sigh a lot, sometimes I think you're deflating." He joked. I rolled my eyes at him in response. "But other than that, nothing exciting happened, Louis threw the frog he was supposed to dissect at Charlotte, but that's nothing out of the ordinary." He joked.

"How is the she devil?" I don't even know why I asked that.

"I wouldn't know, I avoid her like the swine flu." He laughed.

"I don't blame you." I retorted. "So, does anyone know?" I asked, hoping he knew what I was talking about.

He chuckled before responding. "No, they don't, don't worry."

"So none of your friends told anyone?"

"No, why would they?"

"I don't know, I just thought..." I trailed off.