Chapter 2.

"Thursday night is parents evening, it is adamant you and your parents attend seeing as it is your last year of school." My teacher blabbered on. I've never attended a parents evening, my parents have never known about them because I burn the letters before they get to read them, another way of preventing people from meeting my parents. "Delilah, can you please hand the letters out?" He said whilst practically pushing a load of letters in my face. I sighed and grab the pile of paper out of his hand. I walked down the aisles placing a letter on everyone's desk without making eye contact with anyone. I staggered over to the 'popular' corner of the room, they had a mischievous look about them but I continued to ignore them.

"Your parents probably don't care enough about you to come do they, Delilah?" Zayn asked raising his eyebrows at me and putting more emphasis on my name. I'm pretty sure that was supposed to offend me, but that was actually lame.

"Or are they embarrassed to be seen with you?" Harry spoke, smirking at me with is infamous grin. I narrowed my eyes at him before responding.

"Next time you try to offend me, at least make it hurt a little." I replied almost sarcastically. A round of 'Ooo's' came from across the room, it appeared everyone had listened in on our conversation. Next thing I knew Harry stood up and got right up in my face, invading my personal space or what? I didn't flinch, that would only show fear and there was no way I was afraid of him.

"You wanna watch who you're talking too." He whispered arrogantly in my ear. I ignored his comment and continued to place a letter on everyone's desk. I placed one on Harry's desk, letting it fall the remaining inches until it hit the wooden table before I walked away. I noticed out of the corner of my eye Harry sticking his foot out, expecting me to trip and fall flat on my face. Instead of what he predicted to happen I slammed my foot down as hard as possible on his and watched him yelp in pain. I grinned slyly and whispered into his ear whilst he was tending to his throbbing foot.

"You wanna watch where you put your feet." He just growled in response like an angry bear. I walked down the rest of the aisle back to the front with a small smirk on my face. I returned to my desk and crumpled up a letter and threw it in my bag, deciding how I was going to get rid of this one; burn it or bury it? My thoughts were interrupted by the bell ringing; I let the rest of the class fight over the door space first before I attempted to break free of this hell. I walked over to my locker to gather the books for my first 3 periods. I had biology first, fun. My thoughts full of sarcasm. 

I walked into my first biology class of the year, pretty much all of the seats were taken, there was one free desk at the back. I quickly edged my way towards the empty desk, just as I put my book down on the table someone else had also placed theirs down on the space next to mine. I looked up to see Harry Styles; we stood giving each other dagger eyes before I proceeded to look around the classroom for another empty seat, anywhere but here. Just my luck, there were none left. I sighed as I sat down on the stool and gave Harry a disapproving look as he scooted his stool as far away from me as possible. There's being annoying and then there's being immature. I flipped to page 394 of my textbook, I silently groaned as I read the title; stem dissection. Dissecting plants was boring, I'm more into dissecting dead things, not plants there's no blood or gore in that. I doodled over the page and gave several of the plants moustaches while the teacher attempted to explain the process to the students in the class that were actually paying attention. After finishing my little masterpieces I mindlessly started chewing on my pencil out of boredom.

"Do your parents not feed you?" Harry joked at my expense. This only caused me to chew harder on my pencil out of annoyance, out of all the people in the class and school I had to end up sitting with him.

"Answer questions 1-8 from page 394 and draw the diagrams on page 395." The teacher finally said after going on and on for over half an hour. The diagrams on my page were barely recognisable due to my doodling, I'd have to improvise. After 10 minutes of trying to answer questions which I had no clue what they were going on about I decided to move onto the diagrams. I drew them in perfect detail, even adding shading.

"Drawing pretty pictures isn't going to get you a job." Harry stated.

"Neither is a blank page." I retorted noting Harry's empty page. He clearly also had no idea about stem dissection either. Whilst the teacher was talking he was too busy passing notes to his fellow 'populars' and insulting me under his breath.

After a torturing hour of doing not a lot and being constantly insulted, biology was finally over. I was out of the door as soon as the bell went. I was first to my art class therefore I got first choice of all the best equipment. Art was one of the subjects where I could express myself and I didn't care what anyone said. My parents don't approve of me studying art; apparently it's not very 'academic'. I never said I was an academic child and I'm pretty sure a fashion designer has to have some artistic talent. All my art work I do at home stays hidden in my wardrobe where my parents will hopefully never find it. I grabbed the paints I needed to continue my current working progress. I set up my easel and started to paint. Luckily there was no 'populars' in this class, only people who understood art like I do. I was currently painting a picture of New York at night; the background was very realistic however I created the foreground to look very abstract. The hour of art sped by a lot quicker than I expected, it was soon the end of the lesson and my paints were being taken of me like taking candy from a baby.

I remained a 'good' girl for the rest of the day, ignoring all the jokes thrown my way. I brushed them off without a care in the world. I walked out of school as one of the last students as always. I took my time walking to the spot I usually get picked up and dropped off at. When I got there my mum was sat in her car, texting away on one of her business phones. I slid into the passenger seat, not even making eye contact with her. She continued the phone call she was in the middle of while she pulled up onto the road. I reached into my bag and open the bag of crisps I didn't eat at lunch. I desperately wanted to put the radio on but my mum would have killed me, her business is more important. I chewed quietly on my crisps, careful not to drop any crumbs on the seat or floor. After what seemed liked hours my mum finally hung up.

"Sorry about that, work." She simply said.

"I know." I replied unenthusiastically.

"So, how was school?" She asked, trying to lighten up the conversation.

"Horrible, as always." I replied, staring out of the window aimlessly.

"It can't be that bad." She tried to reason.

"You wouldn't know." I sighed. Luckily this conversation couldn't go any further since we just pulled into the driveway. I watched the automatic gates close behind us as we made our way up the driveway to our house. As soon as the engine shut off I climbed out and raced towards the house.

"Hey, did you drop this?" My mum hollered after me, holding up a piece of paper.

"Uhh.." I assumed it was just a piece of paper from class, hopefully not a doodle, she would eat me alive for not paying attention in class. Unfortunately it wasn't, it was worse.

"I didn't know your school did parents evening?" She questioned rhetorically.

"It's not mine." I tried to lie but thinking on the spot wasn't as easy as in the movies.

"It has your name on it." She stated whilst following me into the house.

"You don't have to go." I tried to argue.

"Don't be silly, I'd love to meet your teachers, I'm sure your dad would too, we want to know how our little bright spark is doing." She gushed. I rolled my eyes and groaned at her awful nickname for me. I lugged my bag up the stairs and went to sulk in my room like a 5 year old. I threw by bag in the corner, ignoring the amount of homework that would be piling up inside of it. I walked over to my desk and opened up my laptop which is where I'll probably spend the rest of the night.