Chapter 13.

Harry's POV

"So, uh, when were you going to tell us you're dating the enemy?" Zayn question in an annoyed tone.

"I'm not dating her but she isn't the enemy." I said as I watched her cautiously move around the drinks table.

"Then why are you here with her?" Liam asked.

"Her parents know my parents, that's it. I don't like her, don't worry." I said, not believing myself but they seemed to.

"Alright fine." He said in a huff.

Delilah's POV

I watched Harry out of the corner of my eye getting integrated by his friends; it did make me wonder what he told them. I was still getting the glares and stares as I sipped on my second cup of fruit punch, it needed some liquor to enhance the flavours more but that would probably lead me to getting kicked out.

The songs started to speed up and soon almost everyone was on the dance floor, well everyone except me. I watched as one of Harry's followers grinded up against him, she's 16 for crying out loud. He didn't seem to appreciate it as he pushed her away and moved to the edge of the dance floor. He briefly saw me on the other side and smiled in which I returned. By my fourth drink I was expanding my bladder by the second. I was getting extremely bored with all this dancing and standing around, my mum was picking me up at 11, it wasn't even 9 yet. I sighed and walked over to a table and took a seat by myself. Still nothing new on my phone, didn't really surprise me. In fact it wouldn't surprise me if I never heard from Riley again. I don't know what his game was. I often pondered if he was in the friendship for one thing and I was leading him into that, I wasn't what he was looking for.

The night was still nowhere near the close and I had literally lost my mind. I hadn't moved much since sitting down except going to the bathroom. No-one had even spoke to me, however I could still hear people talking behind my back. No matter how much I wanted to retaliate I forced my mouth shut in order to avoid a scene. I could have gone to sleep if it wasn't for the horrendous music playing. I jumped out of my trance when someone tapped me on the shoulder. The music turned down the beat into a slower tempo song. I turned around and expected to see everyone dancing. In fact what I saw was a crowd forming. I stood up to stand my ground even though I had no idea what was going on. I looked at the blonde bitch that had prodded my shoulder, she didn't say anything, she went and stood by Harry's side who was in the middle of the crowd. He was holding the fruit bunch bowl which was filled to the brim. I titled my head like a confused puppy until I realised what was going on.

"Go on." One of his friends whispered louder than normal at him.

"Just do it." Another one said.

"HARRY HARRY HARRY HARRY!" Started chanting around the room. I gave a sympathetic look to him, I was hoping my telepathic message to him was getting through. I looked him straight in the eyes remembering our promise to be civil tonight.

I was knocked out of my trance by a waterfall of fruit punch being thrown all over me and then surrounded by hoards of laughter. I would have slapped Harry there and then and his friends but I didn't break promises like some people. Instead I carried my head down low and walked outside pretending not to hear the laughs and jokes made about me. I walked down the chilly streets enveloped in cold air. I didn't want to speak to my mum, she would only go and be nosey inside. Instead I rang the only person I could actually talk to.

"Hello?" His voice spoke as if he didn't know it was me.

"Hey it's Delilah." I said through the tears that had started to form.

"Hey hey, what's up?" He asked sounding concerned.

"Can you come pick me up?" I managed to choke out.

"Sure, where are you?" He asked, I could hear him grabbing his car keys already.

"Thames Street."

"Okay be there in 5, stay safe." He said before putting the phone down. I sat down on the curb of the empty streets and let the tears flow. I hated being embarrassed in front of loads of people; this would only make the taunting worse, there's only so much one person can take.

Harry's POV

I knew I shouldn't have done it as soon as the liquid left the bowl. I just stood there and watched her get covered by the sticky juice. Everyone laughing at her only made the guilt feel worse. I braced myself for a slap or something but she didn't even come near me, she didn't even look at me or anyone else again. She left with her head low which only made my stomach churn with guilt. I earned myself my reputation again and several pats on the back by my peers but that wasn't satisfaction. I hated myself for doing it. After finally getting up the courage I decided to chase after her.

"Hey, where are you going?" Charlotte, the blonde princess called as she grabbed hold of my arm. I shoved her off and made a break for the door. I could see Zayn and Liam out of the corner of my eye giving me questioning looks but I couldn't care less. The cold outside air hit me like a train in full motion. I didn't know which way she went but I took a guess and went right. I walked a little while until I heard someone crying. I crept round the corner and there she was, sat on the pavement crying into her hands while the breeze made her hair sway in the wind. I was about to run up to her when a car pulled up, I thought she was being kidnapped until I saw her hug the person who had just stepped out. Not only guilt filled my chest but another feeling too, jealousy. I watch her leave in the car as I hid in the shadows. I dragged my depressed ass back to the school where I wouldn't get any sympathy from anyone, not like I deserved it anyway.