Chapter 24 ~edited~

Start from the beginning

Juliet lowered her wand and looked at Viktor's still body.

She grabbed his hand and Summoned the Cup, "Accio."

Voldemort watched her disappear, "I knew she couldn't do it."

Bellatrix gulped, "Would you have wanted her to?"

"Anything is better than just giving up Bella."

* * * * * * * *

"It's not your fault."

"How do you know?"

"I know all my students."

"You don't know me."

Professor Dumbledore sighed and sat down at his desk. Juliet fidgeted in the chair and concentrated on the fine details of the quill lying on the desk.

"Do you want to explain what happened then?"

"No."

"Everyone's asking Ms. Lestrange..."

"I know, they probably all hate me."

Professor Dumbledore folded his hands together, "You don't want them to think it was you, correct?"

"Correct."

"If you tell me, they won't think it was you."

"I already told you."

Professor Dumbledore watched Juliet stare intensely at the floor, "You told me the Cup was a Portkey, you didn't tell me how Mr. Krum died."

"My fault," she choked out.

"Did you kill him?"

"No," she sniffled.

"Did you make him do it?"

"No."

"Then it's not your fault."

"It is my fault!" Juliet shouted angrily, she stood up and the chair fell over, "It's all my fault, I shouldn't have said anything. We should've left as soon as we got there."

"Ms. Lestrange..."

"He didn't deserve to die! I should've convinced him harder to leave him alone."

"Ms. Lestrange..."

She slammed her first against the desk and leaned forward, "VOLDEMORT KILLED HIM!"

Professor Dumbledore remained silent and Juliet slowly backed away, "I didn't mean to yell."

"Oh it's perfectly alright. I know you meant to yell, you're angry."

"I didn't know we would end up there," she whispered.

"No one did and I'm afraid we won't be able to figure out how it happened."

"I'll bet anything it was my mother," Juliet muttered bitterly.

Professor Dumbledore opened up a drawer and threw a small sack on top of the desk, "Your prize money."

"I can't take that."

"What do you want me to do with it? It doesn't belong to me."

Juliet glanced out the window, "For the school, for Viktor's funeral, I don't care. I don't want it. Just think of it as a 'generous donation'."

He nodded, "Very well, you may go now."

"Yes sir."

* * * * * * * *

Juliet rested her head against the window and closed her eyes. A habit she cherished as it gave her a moment of peace. The compartment door opened which she ignored.

"Juli?"

"Ginny," she said without opening her eyes.

"I heard someone donated a lot of money to the school and for the funeral."

"That was very nice of them."

"Yes it was, everyone is talking about it and they think it was really generous. Everyone wants to thank this mysterious person."

Juliet opened her eyes, "It doesn't bring him back though."

"No it doesn't," Ginny sat down next to her and rested her head on Juliet's shoulder.

"I..."

"I know you donated all that gold Juli, and no one thinks it was your fault what happened."

Juliet didn't say anything, "It's sad that he's gone but I'm glad you're still here. Alive and next to me. I know it might be selfish of me to say right now but I am," Ginny murmured.

Juliet wrapped her arms around Ginny, "Do you really mean that?"

"You're my best friend, of course I mean that."

* * * * * * * *