Chapter 22 ~edited~

"The Yule Ball is a tradition of the Triwizard Tournament. In more general terms, it is a night for dinner and dancing," Professor Snape explained dully.

Juliet snickered along with the other girls as the boys all groaned.

Professor Snape didn't look amused, "Any misbehaviour and you'll have to answer to me. Unlike the other professors, we will not be practicing the dance for it, now away with you."

Juliet got up and left the dungeons. Everyone else in the school was practicing for the dance, so she snuck into the room where the Gryffindors were.

Professor McGonagall looked down at her, "Ms. Lestrange, what're you doing here."

"Sorry Professor, but Professor Snape isn't going to teach us anything for the Yule Ball, he just dismissed us."

"Well you may join us Ms. Lestrange, did he mention that you'll be leading us into the dance with the other champions?"

"No Professor."

"Oh dear, come on then."

Juliet closed the door behind her and sat down next to Ginny.

"Right," Professor McGonagall tapped her wand on a music player, "Mr. Weasley, will you come be my dance partner."

"Me?" Ron replied.

"Yes, hurry up now."

Harry whispered to Fred and George, who both shook their heads, and they all started laughing. After a very difficult and long practice they were allowed to go for lunch.

"I can't believe I have to find a date," Ron groaned.

"What do you mean you have to? I'm the one who has to help lead everyone into the dance," Juliet scoffed at Ron.

"You just have to wait for someone to ask you, we actually have to do the talking."

"In case you forgot, I'm a Lestrange, no one is going to ask me."

Harry kicked a pebble on the ground, "I think I might try and ask that girl I told you about."

Juliet nodded to him but avoided his gaze. Ginny noticed this, "Why don't you go with Juli? You already know each other and it won't be awkward."

Harry thought for a moment, "True, but this may be my only chance."

Juliet softly pinched Ginny, "Go for it Harry, I'm sure you two will have fun."

Ginny gave her a look which Juliet reciprocated with a glare, "Ginny, if I gave you money, would you be able to ask your mum to buy a gown for me."

"Of course!"

"Thank you so much!" Juliet said in relief.

* * * * * * * *

"Has anyone asked you yet?" Ginny asked casually.

"No and there's only two weeks left! Did anyone ask you?"

"Well since I'm in my third year, I wouldn't be allowed to go unless invited."

"Does that mean someone asked you then?" Juliet smirked.

"Neville asked me."

"That's so sweet, did you say yes?"

"Yes, do you think that's weird?"

"No not at all, it's nice of him to ask. Plus I heard he's a really good dancer."

"I've heard that too," she giggled.

Harry sat down in the snow next to them, "I asked her."