Chapter 8 ~edited~

Juliet had set herself up for isolation ever since she pushed Harry away. He didn't talk to her again and even Draco stayed away from her. Everyone else was either afraid or disturbed by her.

Final exams were coming up soon so everyone took up space in the library, while she spent her time sitting by the Great Lake studying. The professors gave them so much homework as well to help prepare.

Juliet was at her spot when she heard the cheering from afar as the last Quidditch game of the year was being played. Gryffindor was playing against Slytherin, everyone had been waiting so long for this game. She sighed to herself and put her books down, unable to concentrate.

"Hey Juliet."

She squinted her eyes against the bright sun, "Oh, it's you."

Draco rolled his eyes, "No need to be so excited."

Juliet scrunched her nose, "What are you doing here Malfoy."

He sneered, "I thought we were on a first name basis, we are family."

"I wish you weren't"

Draco opened his mouth to speak but Juliet raised her hand, "Don't bother."

Draco frowned, "I already told you I was sorry."

Juliet stood up, "It's your fault my parents are mad at me. It's your fault I can't have any friends and it's your fault the Dark Lord tortured me."

Draco stared at her, "He tortured you?"

"I'm being used as his heir and can't put a single toe out of line."

"Juli, I'm really sorry."

"He used the Cruciatus curse on me Draco so don't you dare act all sorry."

"I didn't know!"

Juliet yelled out in anger, "Why can't you just leave me alone then."

Draco put a hand on her shoulder which she shrugged off. Juliet pulled out her wand and pointed it at him.

"Just go."

"You don't have to do that, I told you it was for your own good."

Juliet took a deep breath, "Right."

"Just put the wand do-...."

"Crucio!"

A bang sounded and the spell hit Draco. He fell to the ground and screamed out. She held a blank face as she watched him shake in shock with tears pouring down his face.

"It was for your own good."

* * * * * * * *

After their argument, Juliet had ran and went to the Slytherin common room. She found out Gryffindor had won the Cup but that didn't matter. She had just tried to perform an Unforgivable Curse on her cousin.

From the rumours going around, some of the students thought Draco had attempted to do it to himself for the attention. Others thought a professor had, while a few even thought he had run into Voldemort. None of these assumptions were correct obviously but Juliet wasn't about to tell them.

Draco was in the hospital wing with his parents, who had been notified when Professor Snape found him. Juliet decided against visiting as she wanted to avoid the awkward conversation. She didn't know if Draco had said something, though if he had she probably would've been expelled.

Juliet also took it upon herself to do some research on the curse. It was different for everyone, not everyone could perform it unless they really meant to hurt someone. That slightly scared Juliet as she didn't know she had it in her. She hadn't really hurt him, but the fact that she had frightened him and sent him to the hospital worried her.

She also started having nightmares every night and they were always the same.

"Please Juliet, don't hurt me," the voice pleaded.

She pointed her wand at the man before her, "You're nothing to me. Why should I spare you?"

"We're cousins, best friends even, please let me live."

Juliet laughed without humour while Draco grabbed the bottom of her robes with tears in his eyes.

"Please..."

A flash of green light came from the wand.

Juliet would wake up in a cold sweat and lie in bed before getting up. She couldn't fall back asleep after, it was all too much. She couldn't handle the guilt that washed over her but she also didn't want to disgust her father with her weakness.

* * * * * * * *

The bouquet of flowers felt heavy in her hands as she made her way through the hospital wing. Draco had been staying there the last week, still feeling slightly shocked. His parents had gone back home the day before so Juliet decided to brave the visit.

Her hands shook and she felt a lump in her throat as she made her way to Draco's bed.

She let out a breath she didn't know she was holding, "Hi," she said nervously.

Draco turned his head towards her, "Oh, it's you."

Juliet sighed, "I brought these for you."

Draco scowled at the flowers, "Is that suppose to make me feel better?"

She shook her head, "Not really, it's more of a peace offering."

Draco sat up, "Seriously?" he lowered his voice, "After trying to curse me this is the best you could do?"

"You provoked me!" she hissed back.

He glared back, "I said I was sorry."

Juliet threw the flowers on the ground, "That doesn't make up for what you did."

Draco smirked, "What makes you think those flowers make up for what you did."

Juliet glanced at the flowers on the floor before giving Draco a dirty look, "I guess I'll just leave you alone then."

"Fine by me."

* * * * * * * *