Greenhouse

Your fingers pressed lightly on the camera's delicate buttons. Each little click that came with the buttons being pressed gave you such satisfaction. You leaned forward and pressed your nose to the new camera's plastic. The new smell gave you much pleasure, you could recall when you had bought your beloved camera back at home. It had taken much consideration, you had searched through model after model to find the perfect one to suit your needs. After that, you had gone through lenses and began a collection of different ones so that your photos could give off the right impressions.

Gemini had left you in the lounge room for little bit. You raised the camera and snapped a photo of the room. Quick Man entered in from behind your wheelchair, slowly closing the door as he stepped inside.

"What's that you have there?" He asked, craning his neck to check out your new toy. You grinned and held it up to him.

"Wily got me a camera! I don't think I've ever told you about it, but I'm a photographer." You pulled the camera closer to your face and took a photo of Quick Man. He blinked, rather confused by your action. You pulled up the photo to inspect it, laughing a little. Quick Man leaned over to check out the photo as well. You angled the photo to make it easier for him to see.

"Delete that! I look stupid!" He reached to grab it, but you held it out of his reach. You laughed a bit and shook his head.

"No, you don't. I don't think you could look stupid if you tried."

"What's that supposed to mean?" He asked. You shook your head. Your feeble complement hadn't correctly reached him.

"Anyways," He rolled his eyes and sat down in a chair near you. "Are you feeling any better? I see you're a bit more mobile now." He chuckled. You nodded and grinned.

"Gemini Man scared the hell out of me. He just showed up in my room with this thing, you know? But this is pretty nice, it's so much better than laying down in bed all day. But, I am feeling much better. I'm able to stand up for a bit longer, it's just that straining the muscles causes it to hurt really bad."

Quick Man narrowed his eyes for a moment. "I really wish Bass hadn't been so stupid. And I wish Snake Man wasn't so hot-headed sometimes. Granted, Bass did shoot him earlier, but Snake Man was most likely on his way to killing you." You could see in Quick's expression that a few moments after saying this, he regretted it. He probably thought that would make you upset, but you honestly didn't' care all too much.

"What is Snake Man's problem?" You asked, genuinely curious. "I wandered into his room on accident, and yet he attacked me."

"It wasn't the fact that you came into his room, he's just.. programmed a little strangely, I suppose. He was meant to be a killer so we could defeat... someone. But it wasn't good enough. Snake Man has been destroyed his fair share of times." Quick laughed rather painfully. "But all of us robots here can say the same." His eyes traveled to the distance for a moment as though he was revisiting some rather painful memories. You felt pity for him for a moment, but you also just felt more curious. Who, or What, were these robots fighting?

And were they the good guy?

Or the bad guy?

You knew you couldn't just straight up ask a question like that, and Quick would probably dance around answering any question of that nature anyway. So you decided it would be best to leave the subject alone.

"Wasn't Gemini with you?" Quick asked after he snapped out of his stupor. You nodded.

"He ditched me, he said he had something to do and he'd be right back, but I haven't seen him since." You shrugged.

Quick nodded and got back to his feet and circled around to the back of your wheelchair. "How about we put that camera of yours to good use? There's a lot of things around here to take pictures of." He leaned forward and gave you a warm, caring smile. You smiled back, and nodded. He slowly wheeled you out and took you around the castle.

"How about the greenhouse?" Quick asked.

"That sounds lovely."

He wheeled you down the hall, and carefully opened the door into the green house. Two other robots were there. You took the opportunity to snap pictures of them. The first one was a rather robust tree-themed robot. The other robot was much more intimidating, with giant spinning drills on the end of his arms instead of any kind of hands. His chest plate, helmet, and other pieces of armor were a bright persimmon. His helmet was angled so that his eyes could barely be seen from under it, and when he turned to look at the two of you, his eyes looked.. sort of menacing.

The tree robot stood up from where he was previously kneeling, and gave you and Quick a hearty smile. The other robot tried to imitate this smile, only to look rather creepy in his attempt.

"Hey you two! You gotta be the human I've been hearin' so much about!" The tree robot extended his large hand to shake yours. "I'm Wood Man! Your name is?"

You laughed a little and shook his hand, his almost dwarfing yours. You gave him your name, and glanced at the other robot, expecting him to introduce himself.

The persimmon colored robot slowly made his way over. "I'm Crash Man." He looked down at you, his eyes seeming to cut through you like you imagined those drills could.

"What are you two doing in here?" Wood Man asked, now looking to Quick for an answer. 

"Wily bought our friend here a camera, since she's a photographer. I figured I'd take her around to places that would be fun to take pictures of. Are you planting some new things?" Quick asked, leaning a bit to the side to check out what the giant robot had been working on.

"I was planting some new flowers, and I figured Crash could help me dig up the dirt much faster." Wood turned to look at Crash, who crossed his arms and looked away kind of nervously. The drill robot kept glancing at you, and glancing off. He then slowly stepped away behind Wood Man. Wood Man chuckled at the robot's anxious nature.

"I'm sure those flowers would make a great addition to your photos, huh?" Quick looked down at you. You raised your camera, pointing it at Wood Man before snapping a photo.