Exploring

After letting the aloe heal your skin, wiping the excess off and resting in the cool water for a few minutes, you changed into the new clothes that Quick left for you and rested in bed again. You applied a little bit of aloe to your face to calm the irritated skin, and examined your new clothes.

They were almost a perfect fit, some snug jeans and a black shirt with a pink butterfly designed on the front. You found a brush in a small bedside table next to the bed and brushed out your hair.

Resting your head on the pillow, you closed your eyes again and tried to sleep. Sleep eluded you, however.

You heard footsteps outside of your door. It sounded like someone was pacing back and forth near your door, and it made you uncomfortable. Then, you heard the door unlock.

You sat up, and waited for the turn of the doorknob. But it never came, the door had been unlocked. You heard the footsteps again, but they were getting farther and farther. You leapt to your feet and stopped at the door. You carefully and quietly opened the door and crept out into the hallway. The walls of the hallway were grayish and bare. The air conditioner blew a cool breeze through the walkway which caused you to shiver. It was so empty. The only sounds
You heard were the sounds of your feet, the sounds of your quickening breaths, and the sound of your heartbeat pounding in your ears.

Part of you wanted to turn back. Run back to the room you were becoming acquainted with. You were afraid of what would happen if the robots found you outside of your room. Quick Man would probably be rather irritated, and you had the feeling that irritating these robots wasn't in your best interest. But you steeled your heart and took a deep breath. You were determined to find the way out.

But there was nothing. You had been walking for a while but you found no sight of a door or a window. But something else caught your eye. A camera was placed on the wall, near the ceiling. A red light faintly blinked to indicate that the camera was on. Your hands clenched a little nervously and you felt your chest tighten. Was someone watching you, or was it a normal surveillance camera that just stored the video for reference? Either way, your legs unconsciously began walking faster, and you broke into a run. Your breaths became ragged and the walls seemed to close in on you. You felt stinging tears cloud your vision and you fiercely blinked them away.

A door. You almost smiled. A single
Door at the end of the hall. You came to a skidding stop and almost fell to the floor, but you managed to stop yourself. You carelessly flung the door open in your glee, to be welcomed with...

Fresh air. You breathed it in and let the air kiss your lungs. It felt so good. Beautiful tropical plants surrounded you as you stepped outside. You didn't look back again as you proceeded into clusters of trees and vegetation. The shade under the trees was wonderful, and a tropical colored frog leapt from his spot when you reached him.

Everything was so colorful. Flowers with petals the size of your hand rested under trees as big as giants. You figured you must be in some sort of rain forest type place. You continued walking. A drop of water rolled off of a leaf and landed on your nose. You giggled a little, and kept walking in a somewhat straight path.

You stopped. In front of you, you had come to a wall covered in vines. Not a rock wall, not a wall of trees. A wall. A fuse box rested there, a vine thrown across it. You weren't outside. You were still trapped. What kind of building was this? With a giant rainforest room? This was insane.

It was cruel. Whatever god may exist played a joke on you. It dangled hope in front of you and snatched it away like you meant nothing.

You felt something crawl around your foot, and instinctively you shrieked and pulled your leg. Whatever had you didn't pull at all, and you crumpled to the ground. A snake had curled its body around your leg and was progressing toward you. You went to grab it, but another one had gotten hold of your arm, and your other arm was now taken captive by the snakes. They felt extremely strong.. what kind of snakes are these?

That's when it hit you.

Robot snakes.

Of course.

And now, a large robot around the same size as Quick Man stood before you. He didn't have a helmet on, however. He pushed back his black, messy hair to reveal his glowing eyes. He smiled, his teeth similar to those of the snakes holding you captive.

And then,
It also hit you.

There was something in your bed earlier, and you had the strangest feeling that these snakes were the culprit.