A Smile

After some long rest, you opened your eyes to find another face only inches from your own. Your eyes widened and you instinctively shrieked, pushing yourself away from them. But you bumped into someone again when you moved backwards. The people on either side of you were both Gemini Man.

"Calm down!" He giggled, getting up. "I just wanted to spook you!" He laughed a little. You held a hand to your stomach, laughing a little nervously.

"Why are you here?" You asked. Gemini grinned. "Wellll, I figured that you were probably bored out of your mind laying in this room all by yourself. Sooooo," he stepped out of the way to reveal a wheelchair.

"This way, we can wheel you around the place and you can have fun!"

You grinned. This was perfect. You were so sick of this same old room, same old bed, same old thing every day.

Gemini Man gently helped you into the wheel chair. He wasn't afraid to be a little touchy as he helped you.. which earned him a rather irritated glare. Once you were in the chair, he quickly wheeled you out, bumping your chair on the door frame once before speeding down the hallway.

You giggled as he ran faster and faster, turning down a hallway and almost
Running over Flash Man. Your laughter filled the hallways, drawing a few robots from their rooms. The wheelchair came to a skidding stop in front of a slightly familiar robot. Protoman stood before you two, arms crossed.

"Stop fooling around." You couldn't see his eyes from under his dark shades, but you didn't need to to know that he was sending you an angry glare.

"Cmon dude. Can't you just chill out? I'm just trying to brighten things up." Gemini rested with his elbows on the handles of your wheelchair.

"Your causing trouble." Proto didn't seem to care.

"Were not causing trouble, we're just having fun." You argued.

"Don't speak to me, human." The robot continued to walk, passing the two of you. Gemini scoffed, and continued pushing you down the hall but at a smaller speed.

"Don't worry, that guy is always a bummer. I almost forgot!" Gemini gasped. "Wily wanted me to bring you to him." He turned the wheelchair around.

Gemini began pushing you down the hall again, you giggling all the way. He had to come to a slower pace as they neared the room he dwelled in. You weren't sure what else to refer to it to, it wasn't his bedroom or anything. The room where Bass had threatened you. Where Wily had told you he wouldn't let you leave. He carefully wheeled you into the room.

"I'll go find Wily." Gemini said. He left you in the room by yourself. You looked at the fireplace, a small fire burning as what appeared to be usual. You looked at the mantle above the fireplace and noticed some old frames. You wheeled yourself closer, and used one hand to pull yourself up with the mantle and examine the photos.

A beautiful woman stood with a younger-looking Wily in one photo. In the next, the two were holding a baby. In the last photo was a girl about your age, your size and.. she looked frighteningly similar to you. Not completely, just enough that if you two met, you'd probably laugh about it for a moment and then move on with your lives.

You stared at these frames for a moment. Did Wily have a wife? A daughter? Where were they now? You hadn't heard anything from the robots about them. Perhaps you could ask one later. You could ask Quick Man, but.. he probably wouldn't tell you. Bubble Man would be your best shot.

You quickly placed the frames back where you found them and sat back in the wheelchair. You sighed in relief as you no longer had to strain yourself, and wheeled yourself back away from the fireplace. Wily stepped inside with Gemini at his side, Wily's usual cane in hand. Wily hobbled over to a chair, and took his seat. Gemini was carrying a cardboard box, which he set in your lap.

You looked down at it, placing a hand on the side of the box to keep it steady. Wily looked at you expectantly.

"Well, what are you waiting for? Open it." He said. You blinked, and slowly pulled the box open. Your hands started shaking, a grin spreading on your face and a gasp escaped your mouth. You pulled out a professional level camera from the box. You slipped the strap around your neck.

"A.. camera..." you looked up at Wily with wide eyes. "You got me a camera. W.. why?"

Wily actually smiled. A pleasant, warm smile. It looked kind.. almost as though he genuinely cared about you and your well being.

"I wanted you to feel more at home. You said this is what you like to do, no?" He leaned forward, resting his elbows on his knees and his chin on the top of his hands. You quickly nodded. 

"Thank you so much!" You couldn't stop smiling, running your fingers over the camera and all of the buttons and such. Gemini looked rather amused at your excitement.

And as quickly as this exchange had been brought to you, it was over. Wily got to his feet with his cane in hand. 

"I have things to do. I hope you enjoy your present." You almost swore you could see the old man smiling a bit as he slowly exited the room. Gemini grinned and walked over to your wheelchair. 

"So you like to take pictures, huh?" He asked. 

You nodded again, still too busy checking out your new camera to give him an actual response. 

"Then lets go find some cool stuff to take pictures of!" Gemini laughed a bit and sped you out of the room.