Chapter 23 ~edited~

Start from the beginning

"The clue said something you would miss would be down there."

"So you would miss me if I was gone?"

She felt her cheeks warm up, "She must've known we are best friends."

"Who did Viktor bring up?"

Juliet looked around and then pointed, "Hermione."

Harry laughed, "Of course. What happened to Fleur?"

"I don't know, she must still be down there."

"The hour is almost up."

Juliet started to breath rapidly, "I should've saved the other girl too."

"She wasn't for you to save, Dumbledore won't let her stay there."

Juliet ignored him and continued to dry herself. The hour mark passed.

"Ms. Fleur Delacour was not able to complete the task therefore has been disqualified," Professor Dumbledore announced.

The little girl from the Lake was brought back up and Fleur, who had to be saved, was waiting for her and she was crying.

Juliet felt horrible, "Harry..."

"Don't worry about it Juli, it's not your fault, she was not yours to save."

"Do you really believe that?"

"Yes."

* * * * * * * *

Juliet sat at her spot with a mug full of hot chocolate. The steam warmed up her chilly nose.

It was a cold day for April and classes had been cancelled today due to a massive cold that was going around.

Juliet felt lucky that she didn't have a cold, getting sick didn't agree with her and her temper.

The sounds of puddles being stepped in caused her to look away from the scenery.

"Good morning Harry."

"Morning Juli."

"Did you escape the cold too?"

"Luckily, Cho got sick though and I've been avoiding her."

Juliet smirked, "Are you sure it's just because of the cold?"

"Yes," he looked at her questionably, "we've been together for almost half a year now."

"Wow, already?"

"Goes by fast huh?"

"Mmm hmm."

"So, are you ready for the last task?"

"I think so, I got to see the maze being built. Honestly, I'm still a bit nervous for it."

"You're a brilliant witch though!"

"True," she chuckled, "but I didn't think the other two tasks would be difficult and they were."

"I hope you win."

"Thanks Harry," she sighed, "I do too."

* * * * * * * *

Juliet panted and yelled out in frustration. She wiped the sweat from her eyes and took in a deep breath.

Composing herself, she placed her right hand to the bush next to her and ran her fingers along it until she came to the end. It led to nowhere.

She tapped her temple with her fingertips and tried to think about the advice everyone had given her.

Stay to the right.

Use your wand.

Red sparks if you need to get out.

Remember if you need a compass use the spell...

Juliet couldn't remember the spell Hermione had taught her and she was starting to panic. She thought back to when the task had started.

"Find the Cup if you must, but remember that not only your skills will be tested, so be careful."

Viktor and Fleur had nodded solemnly but Juliet had stared at him confused. What good were their skills if it wouldn't help them.

Juliet let go of the breath she was holding and tried to retrace her steps. She turned left and then placed her hand on the hedge again.

Her heart pounded against her chest when she heard a scream. Her fear grew as she kept trying to move. The ear splitting scream sounded again and she suddenly felt paralyzed.

"Hello?" she whispered to no one.

* * * * * * * *