Chapter Four~New Home, New School, New Girl

Start from the beginning

Dillan was also Denis's kid and I think his only son. He was mixed too and mostly Puerto Rican surprisingly, since his dad and sister were mostly Caucasian. But I suppose he takes after his mother, with those thick eyebrows and jet black hair. Don't get me wrong I still couldn't stand Denis's children but Dillan was chill for the moment. Sadly he wasn't even my type...

He was in his "gothic or punk" stage for crying out loud and obsessed with Harry Potter

"Nothing. I was just trying to find my room" I lied.

"Its down the hall....like all the way down the hall" he said, now plugging in his PlayStation to the Tv.

I left out and closed his door again to go hunt for my room down the hall. I stepped inside and immediately saw that all of my belongings were still packed up in boxes and covered up most of floor.  ...welp. I better get unpacking.

=The Next Morning=🌞🌅

I'm in my new room, putting on a radom outfit for school today. I'm actually really nervous about goin' to a new school. That means new kids, new rules, new staff, new teachers and...of course new drama. Drama always seemed to find me.

I curled my hair up nice in my mirror and applied some eyeliner over my socket with a little mascara. After freshing up, I finally met up with my "housemates" in the kitchen.

"Morning" my mom said, sliding me a plate of pancakes and bacon. Along with my pill and some water to wash it down of course.

"Morning" I replied, popping the pill immediately.

"You better get eating, we have to be there in 15 minutes"

--8:23 am--🌞

After my mom dropped me off at my new school, that's called Samuel Inman middle school, my new principal escorted me to my new classroom. The class was already filled with kids, making me even more nervous to see them.

"Okay. Here is your new class" she announced, beginning to open the door. "Mr. Reed?" She called for the teacher I assume.

The guy shortly came over to us and told his class to keep working. He was a big black man, with glasses and a beard to cover his chin and side burns. He looked like the nice type but you just never know...

"Here's your new student" The principal said.

"Oh okay. Hello, I'm Mr Reed and your name?"

"Brandi" I said.

"Okay. Well how about you go take a seat next to Jamie, he's over there *he points* Jamie raise your hand!"

The boy raised his hand for us and I finally walked in towards him. The whole class look at me as I step inside the class annoyingly and my nerves escalated. Feeling so nervous, I walked over to the boy in question and sat down besides him. It was four desk connected like in a group, and our group was right next to the teacher's desk.

That Jamie boy was to the left of me, some other light skin boy was diagonal from me and this girl with freckles and sun brown curls sat in front of me.

She looked at me a couple times up and down, but I'm just praying that she's not one of those boujee types because of her appearance.

She broke her silence and spoke to me crazy enough, even I wasn't expecting to be greeted right away.  "Hi" she smiled. ...wow her cheeks perked up when she said so. It was kind of....cute actually.

"Hi" I said, shyly

"Hi" I said, shyly.

"What's your name?" she asked.

"Brandi"

"Oh okay. My name is D'Nyah but people just call me Nya for short"

"Oh. Okay..." I smiled slightly, looking around still.

"You nervous? I can see it all on your face"

"Well yeah, I mean. I haven't been the new girl since 1st grade"

"Wow. What school did you come from?"

"Westhooke or um--...a middle in Virgina"

"You're from Viginia?"

"Yeah. I just moved here yesterday actually"

"True. I love your eyes by the way" she smiled at them.

I blushed. "Thank you"

"What are you mixed with?"

"Um--...well..all I know is that my mom is white and my dad is black" I laughed a little.

"Girl! You don't know your ethnicity?" she looked at me like I was crazy.

"I really don't, ...sorry" I put up my hands acting innocent.

"Mm mm mm. Shakin' my head Brandi" she said, literally shaking her head too.

"Well, what are you then?" I folded my arms.

"I'm Puerto Rican, black, white, Filipino and native" she said confidently, counting them out on her fingers. Damn...

"And here I thought you were just Rican and black" I laughed.

"Girl, I'm not even that Rican...I'm more Filipino than anything honestly.  My facial features speak for themselves, like when have you ever seen a Rican girl with freckles?"

"Right here. I might be Rican too" I laughed, knowing damn well I didn't look Spanish.

"Bye girl--" she laughed with me.

*Bell Rings*🔔  ...Oh dear Lord😬

I looked around and saw that everyone else was in the process of getting up. This was really some high school ish if you ask me. Back in V.A., we stayed in one class all day, well until it was lunch time of course.

"Where are we going now?" I asked that girl I was talking to again. I can't believe I forgot her name already.

"Just next door to Science. Come on, we have to get out now though" she laughed, getting up.

================================
Anyone like D'Naya already? I feel like she's going to be my favorite character in this story😏🙈💗

I have so many ideas for them...so stay tuned👀🙉