"Well," I drag the word, my eyes glaring at Ahmed's amused ones. I get myself into conversations and try to prove a point, however most of the time I mess up when I'm arguing with Ahmed. I chew on my bottom lip as I think of another fact even though I'm close to bursting out laughing. "...Men are the protectors and maintainers of women!" I immediately clap my hands whilst letting out a little squeal.

Ahmed's face contorts into a really weird expression, making my grin slip off my face. "You're not my wife!" Ahmed says in disgust like a child, sticking his tongue out whilst furrowing his bushy eyebrows.

"Ugh," I throw my head back in clear defeat, although I still try to defend myself. "But you're...you're my brother in Islam!" I click my fingers at him with a grin on my face and for some reason I'm happy with my reply.

"Aha," Jack says from besides me. "She got you there."

Ahmed then rolls his eyes playfully and leans forward in his seat, placing his elbows onto the table. "That quote still has nothing to do with what we were talking about." He raises an eyebrow challengingly and I knit my mine.

I've totally forgotten what we were talking about.

This makes him laugh with a shake of his head before clearing his throat. "That you're mean and you didn't bother being a good scribe!"

I click my tongue when I remember our mini argument and open my mouth to speak, however Ahmed cuts me off.

"You're so not good at proving a point!" He snorts.

"Ugh," I groan and slump into my seat with my arms crossed against my chest like a child.

I'm am actually so bad at getting a point across.

"Anyway, to end your little dispute," Jack voices as he runs a hand down his face. "Ahmed is a mean guy who blames Alvina for everything and anything, the end."

I jump in my seat and raise my hand to high five him but then immediately realise what I was about to do when Jack raises an eyebrow at me and a smirk plays on his face. I mutter under my breath before shrugging my shoulders and raising my other hand to high five myself instead.

"Yay!" I whisper-yell as the class has quietened down and we are the only ones who are now speaking. "I win!"

"How come he gets to decide?!" Ahmed rolls his eyes to the back of his head and then turns to look at Yaqoob who has a grin plastered against his face.

This guy never stops smiling.

"Um..." Yaqoob bites his lip in thought before shrugging. "I don't know, man. This is funny!"

I burst out laughing at Ahmed reaction as he is not impressed with his best friend. Jack joins in with my laughter and soon Ahmed is grinning too.

"Hm..." Ahmed looks back at me with a smirk playing on his face once again. "Good points though."

I nod my head in agreement. "I know right? Eek, women are like diamonds in Islam, wow!" I then sigh dramatically. "...men are the maintainers and protectors of women, so cute!" I grin and waddle in my seat but then stop once I realise that the boys' are all staring at me intently...even Yaqoob.