Chapter 12

Lucy sat on a couch watching television as Daniel was messing around in the kitchen, she turned to him with a confused look.

"What are you doing?" She asked, he continued making large portions of food, she tilted her head to the side, "Why are you making so much?" Daniel took a deep breath before looking up at his odd eyed friend.

"I invited Howard," He said, Lucy shrugged not really caring as she began to walk back to the couch, "And Randy." He said in a smaller voice, Lucy turned and ran to him.

"You invited Cunningham!" Her yell echoed through the house as Daniel put his hands up in defense.

"You should at least try to get along with him." Daniel said in a meek tone, Lucy felt her face heat up as she backed away from her friend.

"I promise nothing." She sat back down on the couch before pulling out her phone and venting to an old friend, her friend was a mischievous boy named Carl Nickerson, their talks could go on for hours despite how much they argue they got along well.

"Who are you texting?" Lucy had been laying of the couch her head resting on the arm rest as her legs dangled off the other arm rest, she looked to see Howard staring down at her. She gave him a smile before sitting up.

"Just an old friend from New York." She said thoughtfully with a smile, Howard smiled inching closer to her.

"Your boyfriend?" Lucy glared at him before turning away.

"Howard, how dare you make fun of the fact that I have no female friends." She said, Howard put up his hands in defense. It was true, Lucy didn't get along well with girls due to her boyish nature and complete hatred of all things girly.

"Hey, I wasn't saying anything mean, right Randy?" He asked looking behind the couch, Lucy stiffened before turning slowly to see Randy awkwardly standing behind her rubbing his head.

"Hi, Lucy." He said, Lucy gave him a slight glare before turning away.

"Cunningham." She then stood and walked into the kitchen where Daniel was almost done preparing food. Randy sighed looking at Howard who facepalmed. Lucy stood next to Daniel glaring as he sighed.

"Dude, you're not even trying," They both stated, Daniel grabbed Lucy's hand and brought her back to the living room. Howard grabbed Randy's hood and dragged him to Lucy, "Talk." And with that they left.

"So, How's your day going?" Randy asked feeling slightly nervous, she looked up at him.

"It's been, okay," She says holding her arm and glancing around at the room, she groaned holding her head in her hands, "I'm going to leave." She says walking away.

"Oh, okay." Randy said looking down, Lucy picked up her bag passing by the kitchen where Howard and Daniel were.

"Bye, guys." She said opening the door and leaving, the two walked into the living room looking at Randy.

"You okay bro?" Howard asked, Randy shook his head falling onto the couch.

"There's nothing I can do," He begins holding his head, Howard sighed shaking his head while Daniel walked away, "Wait, there is one person that could totally help me." Howard raised an eyebrow.

"Who?" He asked crossing his arms already knowing where this was going, Randy stood up triumphantly.

"The ninja!"