Chapter 8

Randy slammed his locker closed and rested his head on it searching his mind for something that he must've forgotten.

"Are you okay?" He looked over to see Theresa, his crush, standing beside him a worried look on her face, he instantly shot up.

"I-I'm fine!" He yelled leaning on his locker with his arm, "How are you?" He asked shooting his other arm out towards the hallway when he felt it come into contact with someone.

"Ow." Was all the person said, Randy quickly moved his arm from the persons face, Lucy stood there her hair in it's usually ponytail, a hoodie, jeans, and tennis shoes. She rubbed her nose with her sleeve and removed it to reveal blood gushing from out of it.

"I'm so sorry!" Randy said attempting to help her, Lucy stopped him and sent him a harsh glare.

"Don't come near me, Cunningham." She said his name harshly as if it were an insult, Randy looked at the ground embarrassed that his crush had witnessed that.

"Lucy, what happened?" That's when Daniel walked in, he wore a white shirt, white washed jeans, and sneakers. Lucy shook her head.

"Nothing, I need to go to the nurse." She said walking past him.

"I'll go with you!" Daniel replied happily as he walked beside the shorter girl, Randy watched then walk away feeling guilty.

"Wow, Lucy really doesn't like you." Theresa said, Randy nodded turning to her and resting his face in his hand.

"Yeah, I've noticed." He said, Theresa put her hand on his shoulder causing Randy to burst into red.

"It okay, things will work out." She said before walking away, he watched her leave dreamily smiling to himself.

"She's right, things will work out."