Mending The Pieces

"HAPPPY BIRTHDAY TO US! REJOICE YOUNGER BROTHER! REJOICE!" Lenka's voice rang into my ear causing me to sit back promptly.

"Gah! What's with you today?!" Ignoring her words, I scratched my eyes, trying to get a clearer sight of her, still bemused of what she's saying

"Uhh, hello? December 27? Remember?" She gasped and waved her hand right in front of my sight.

"And?" I abruptly replied, rolling my eyes.

She just disturbed me from sleeping! Of course I'll be grumpy, well, I suppose she does lack of common sense so it may be normal for her to behave this way.

"Oh my freaking God Lenny. It's our birthday for fuck's sake."

It is? I gazed up the calendar right in front of my bed. December 27....Oh, it is.

"Oh, you're right." I sheepishly replied and jumped out off bed and headed to the bathroom.

Peeping out, I saw her still sitting, doing nothing.

"Um, since when did you started swearing?" I asked curiously knowing how innocent my "older" sister is.

"Just now." Lenka muttered under her breathe, gritting her teeth and stood up to walk away from my room.

Well, I guess it's my fault. But we are both 19 by now.

________________________________________________________________________________

Walking down the stairs, I've seen tints of red, yellow, orange and blue flying within the air.

After taking the last step hearing a slight crack,

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY LEN."

It was only my mom and Lenka who were screaming their lungs out, it was usually just Lenka though.

"And it's my birthday too so happy birthday to me!" Lenka added and slowly walked to the table where the Strawberry Shortcake and Chocolate Mousse cake is.

"Let's eat!" Excitedly grabbing the fork, mom pulled her ear not too roughly and stared at her.

"How about breakfast my dear? You know I've exerted a lot of effort into making our breakfast." A weirdly creepy smile was plastered on her face and an unbelievable aura was surrounding her in a snap. You know that scary mother type of aura? That.

"Oh! How could I have forgotten? Hehehe.." My sister gulped as she examined our mother's look.

Clenching my chair tightly, I pulled it backwards and went upfront to be able to seat.

"Itadakimasu."

"Where's dad?" Lenka asked curiously whilst grabbing a toast and started spreading an uneven coating of peanut butter and strawberry jam.

"Unfortunately, he got a ton of work piled up cause of his day off yesterday so he had to go back at the office." Mom replied scratching her neck.

I sliced the egg with my fork before eating it, staying silent.

"Well, when is he coming back?"

"Probably at midnight dear." Lenka frowned as she heard the words.

"On our birthday? Shouldn't he at least spend an hour with us today?" She bit her lips and placed the slice of bread on her plate to get her fried rice.

"Well... He is very busy these days so please just understand him."

Or rather he simply just doesn't want to see me