Door to Friendship

After finishing dinner, I casually walked to my room, during that process, I heard the ladies chatting.

"Hey Rin, you could stay here for the night. It's getting pretty late." Lenka commented while the sound of the plates were ringing through my ears

"E-Eh?" Rin replied

"Well, I guess I should just clean the guest room... Wait I should clean it right now!" I heard a deafening sound caused by something fragile, I over reacted, it wasn't necessarily deafening but it sure is loud

"Aah!" They both screamed that made a good excuse for me to come down.

"What happened?" I yelled while stepping down on the stairs

"No-Nothing!" Lenka replied with a panicky voice. As soon as I arrived at the kitchen, a mug was broken.

"I-I'm really sorry!" She immediately bowed her head down and started to clean the shards with her hands, seating on the floor.

"I'll im-immediately clean all of this!" She stuttered while shivering

"Lenka-nee!" Rin started to call a few times until she caught her attention

"Y-Yes?"

"Your hand is bleeding!" Rin rushed towards Lenka while helping her stand.

"A-ah.. Eh?" Lenka stated and looked at her hand, seeing blood descending from her skin

I stared at them for the whole time, trying to relax. But deep inside, I was clearly terrified for a minor injury, though, that wasn't the case. I've never seen Lenka for years, and this, this is the old Lenka I used to know. It was just.. I was just.. Completely petrified.

"Let's get you patched up. Len, where's the med kit?" Rin asked as she held my sister's hand to check whether it was deep or not. She led her to the chair to sit, and not on the cold floor.

I pointed at the med kit right above the refrigerator,at the very top.

"Uh.. I can't reach that,and it's very well hidden." Rin commented,standing on her tip toes still didn't make it better.

I nodded, still unable to speak and grabbed it for her.

She thanked me and messily searched popidone iodine and the alcohol. She started cleaning the cuts, Lenka didn't reacted, showing nothing with her head still bowed down, locks of her ash blonde were covering her entire face.

"And there you go! Just the bandages left!" She said and started to wrap them, carefully and slowly

"I'm sorry." Lenka whispered

"I'm sorry."

"I'm sorry." The words has gotten loud and louder until you can hear the sobs that could be heard loudly.

"I'm really sorry. I'm such a nuisance. I'm so sorry." Lenka apologized, repeating the words.

I looked at Rin after she finished treating her hand, she got my message and went out of the kitchen towards the living room.

"Lenka..." I finally uttered, slowly walking towards her, taking each step with precaution.

"I'm sorry Len. I'm sorry." She said in a weak tone that crushed my heart for a bit

"I'm sorry that I was so stubborn. I'm sorry that I was so stupid. I'm sorry that I became selfish. I'm sorry that I was-" I've cut her off and hugged her. After a few moments, my shoulder felt wet, she started sobbing more loudly.

"What kind of son are you?! Completely useless!" Mom slapped me hard that made me fell on the floor

"Why won't you be more like Lenka?!  Or even Neru?!" Dad commented and smacked me through my stomach. I started to cough blood and glanced at Lenka from the door peeking. From the looks of it, she's planning to tell the truth to our parents, I sent her a sign to stop.