New York?

I walked down busy streets blending in. Some people ocassionally met my eyes but just countinued on thier way. I needed to find a place to sleep for the night. How could I though? Besides being in the acadmey i've never been in Toronto. I don't know where to go? I walked through a park and sighed, praying it would rain as I laid down on the cleanest bench I could find. I felt my heavy eyes slide down as I  fell into dreamless sleep. I was awoken by a firm shake. I jumped up and looked to see the woman from good will. What is she doing here? She looked around and then handed me a duffel bag. She then leaned over and whispered in my ear.

"It's from your Dad." And then turned around and hobbled away. I wanted to grab her and beg her for answers but I was frozen in shock untill I say her turn the corner and leave my site. I fought over whether to open the bag or follow her. Curosity won. I unzipped it to find it packed with twenty dollar bills. I looked up but I already knew the woman was gone and I had to leave. I looked at the money and just as I was about to zip it back up I saw a note.

Dear Natalie,

Don't ask questions. This is your father. You must take the money and go. Leave this town and whenever you have a bad feeling about a place LEAVE. I WILL find you. I promise.

                                                                                                                   Love, Your father.

This small note sent comfort through me. He rembered me. But I was in danger. Finally the past years made sense. Traveleing all around, never stoping and dad not beliving in credit cards. It was obvious. He didn't want to leave a trail behind. But tey caught up and I had no doubt that that was why I was at that school, that that is why that woman answered instead of my dad. Right now I wanted to break him out of wherever he was but first I had to hide. Then find out. I slung the duffel bag around my shoulder and walked into a alley that was empty. I eased my wings out and took a running start and jumped, letting the momentem put air under my wings. I gained more and more distance untill I was hidden in the clouds. I knew where I was going. New York.

The AcadmeyOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara