Chapter Twenty Four

I laid in bed at night after our long day. I sat in a little ball curled up with my laptop, under the blankets, searching on netflix, I watched a few episodes of Gossip Girl after I dropped Eli off at my step father's house. Liam and I came in for coffee and dessert. My step father had raised me, my real father leaving me when I was young. After Eli was born hey realized it wasn't working for them, understandable, my mother had a wild heart, my step father too tamed and serious. I loved him, but, Scott was quite the diciplinary towards me as a child and Eli as well. It wasn't exactly what we needed growing up. He had verbally abusive tendancies when he was angry, being relatively young when he and my mother married. He didn't know how to handle a young child. Losing my mom though, it changed him, softened him. Although I know he and my mother still had the occasional fling, they were still so in love, it just wasn't meant for them. My mother was out with her four best friends from work, Liam in the shower. I was sucked into another episode of Gossip Girl when Liam came into my room. He climbed into my white sheets next to me, pulling me into him. I felt his big strong arms wrap around my waist as I watched Serena and Blair parade around Manhatttan. Leighton and I had watched this show a thousand times, I couln't wait to get to NYU to do it all myself. I had hoped that Leighton would've picked NYU over Yale, but she was Blair to a tee, and Yale was her calling. Liam nuzzled his head into my neck, bringing me back to my reality which had slowly began to become my biggest fantasy, it consisted of things I'd only ever dreamed of.

     After another episode of Gossip Girl Liam and I laid in bed. It was early, only 9:30 or so. I shut my laptop and put my face in Liam's chest, he kissed the top of my head, I looked up and smiled at him his warm embrace made me feel like a child. He softly kissed my lips, I felt him smile, it was the best feeling in the world. "Can I ask you something?" I asked him as his long finger's traced my tan line. "Of course," he smiled. I traced the letters of his tattoo, "What exactly did you figure out?" I smiled at him. He turned a deep red and laughed "Well, remember what I used to tell you my nan said?" he looked at me. I flashed back to the back of that big SUV, it was almost three weeks ago but it had felt like years ago. It was then, when he told me that story, that I knew I was growing to love him. "Of course I do." I muttered

"Well, when I met you..I finally figured out what she meant. It felt like I had found the other piece of me. You and I, well, not even the gods above could seperate me from you. I mean that. Nothing can come between you and I." he said and moved a piece of hair out of my face.

"How long have you felt that way?" I asked, tears welling in my eyes. I had no idea how much he'd ever mean to me. It was Liam Payne and I was a college student who was just trying to find her way. I was trying to accept the fact that I'd be the farthest I'd ever been from my best friend in six years, that I was moving to Manhattan alone, and on top of it all I was just finding myself. When Evan left me six weeks ago, I thought I'd be better off doing this on my own, this amazing journey. I never thought someone would swoop in and do this all with me, let alone Liam Payne. I had no clue how long this would last, but I couldn't say no to him. I couldn't hide how I felt. This was a whirlwind beggining, but I never wanted to lose sight of it.

Liam exhaled, "I've felt like this since the second I saw you in the crowd. You were wearing that little black dress which drove me..well crazy-" he stopped and kissed me, I laughed "You had this crazy head of long blonde hair and this bright red lips, and you had my heart." he said very shyly. His brown eyes grew. He pushed my hair back once more and kissed me long and hard. Tears welled in my eyes, I never knew I could feel like this.

"Can I ask you something?" he asked.

I nodded my head, still speechless from the Liam's confession.

"Tell me about Evan...I want to know everything, Di." he said looking at me. His deep brown eyes more serious than I'd ever see them. I nodded and sat up, bracing myself.