Chapter Eight

The truck came to a stop, I heard cars honking, large trucks, and people bustling. Ah, Manhattan I thought.

"Okay, I'm gonna step out first, take my hand." Liam said grabbing my hand, our fingers intertwining.

We stepped out of the truck, I fixed my dress, the chiffon roses felt soft underneath my fingers. I heard people yelling, he removed the blindfold from my eyes. I opened them suddenly flashes an clicks of all kind

"Liam! Over here! Who's this girl?" Over and over again. Flashes were blinding me, I couldn't see in front of me. Liam held tightly onto my hand,

"Where's Leighton?!" I said to him.

"She's already inside, don't worry." He said squeezing my hand. Men with cameras and screaming girls followed us, security was behind us and in front of us keeping the paparazzi and fans at bay, I'm a fan, but these girls were crazy.

"I give you so much credit." I said when we stepped inside. Tiny white dots from the flashes still blurred my vision.

"It's nothing big, don't worry about it. This was the back exit, imagine the front." He laughed.

We were in a kitchen with cooks everywhere, "Hello" I smiled at them as I followed Liam who slapped some of them on the back muttering hellos.

We were at a restaurant, I spotted Leighton and the other boys. I ran over to her and smiled. Her face glowed, something different about her. Harry had his arm drooped around the back of her chair and say next to her. Liam then sat next to me. The restaurant was quaint, but, patrons looked at us. After all, the biggest boy band in the world was here.

"So girls, what are your plans now that you're done with high school?" Smiled Niall.

"Well, I'm going to NYU in the fall to major in Musical Theater and English." I smiled

"Diana is an incredible singer, I had the privilege to hear her on the way here. In three weeks she's also attending a prestigious acting program there in three weeks for a month," Liam smiled prouder than my mother, I smiled.

"That's incredible!" Smiled Niall. His accent and laugh made me so happy, it always had.

"I'm going to Yale in the fall to study nursing, and I hope to become a pediatrician." Said Leighton.

"Ah so your the brains here!" Smiled Louis

"She is!" I laughed.

We went over our menus, the waiter came over to take our drink orders.

"Water for me" I smiled

We all went over the menu, I ordered ravioli, Leighton a salad. The boys all got stakes and beers. I laughed, of course they'd be served under 21. Who could say no?

We all talked like old friends, Louis teased Harry when we watched him grab hold of Leighton's hand. She looked down and smiled.

I looked at Liam who hadn't said much to me during dinner but, he kept his hand on my knee for a good portion of dinner. Everytime a fan came over the boys were so good for them, taking pictures, signing things. These girls even smiled at Leighton and I. I smiled at him when I'd catch him looking at me and vice versa. He was everything I dreamed and more.

Once the bill came Zayn grabbed it before I could even try,

"You're kidding right" he laughed at me.

"Don't even try." Said Niall. The rest of them nodded there heads and laughed.

"Well thank you." I smiled at him

"Seriously guys this is amazing, I can't believe the night is already over," said Leighton before she was cut off by Louis,

"Over!? The night is just beginning!" He boomed causing everyone in the restaurant to stare even more.

We all laughed, I felt my phone vibrating in my bag.

Three missed calls and four texts, all from Evan. I passed my phone to Leighton.

"Kill me." I mouthed. We'd been broken up for 8 days and up until tonight I hadn't smiled yet. Leighton rolled her eyes, "Fuck him." She said sternly.

"Ooh I sense some tension!" Said Louis.

"On the night of graduation, Diana's high school boyfriend broke up with her, it was a blessing. But our girl is still hurting." She said patting my shoulder. Thanks for laying it all out there Leigh. I smiled,

"No worries I'm fine." Liam patted thigh, it was like he knew I wasn't.

"Come here." Liam had me unlock my phone and turned on my front facing camera he leaned over and kissed my cheek and snapped a picture, my heart skipped a beat. He went to Evan's conversation. Of course he was saying the most awful things.

"Answer me you bitch."

"I know you want me."

"Hope your having fun seeing those faggots."

"Tell Leighton I hate her."

The messages kept coming, he was drunk.

"I don't miss you at all." That one cut like a knife. Liam was bright red and angry. "I'm so sorry" he whispered in my ear,

"I am too." Liam hit the camera button in his conversation and clicked on the picture we just took and typed,

"No, I don't miss you at all." And hit send.

"I'm gonna pay for that." I laughed.

"No. You won't." Said Liam. His face hard and serious.

"Okay." I nodded.

We headed out to the cars. Once more dealing with flashes and constant yelling. Did these people ever go to bed?! I hopped in with Liam. It was obvious he was bothered. My phone continued to vibrate, Evan flipping out no doubt. Liam sighed "You know what, Danielle and I broke up recently, I'm sure you've read it, but I'd never talk to her like that. Ever. " he said his anger clear and present.

"As much as she hurt me, never. I'd never do that to her." He said.

"Let's just have fun tonight, forget him." He said taking my phone,

"For now, this is mine." He said serious as a heart attack, I laughed as we pulled up to a night club.

"Okay Liam." I said wondering how I got so lucky.