Chapter 16

Leo's POV:

I stared at Sarah, holding her tight and watching as her breath came in in short, ragged breaths. Her eyes were starting to close and become unfocused as if she couldn't see anymore. I knew this was it but I prayed it wouldn't be. I prayed that Apollo would come down and heal her and I prayed that Hypnos would wake me up and tell me it was all just a dream but I knew they wouldn't because Gods never interfere directly in our lives and they wouldn't bother trying to fix this.

I gripped her tight and leaned in close next to her ear. "Te amo," I whispered lightly. I felt her hand go slack in mine and looked up to see her eyes closed and her chest unmoving. I let out a strange noise and hugged her tightly, tears starting to make their way down my cheeks. I wasn't even sure if she had heard me whisper in my ear. Had she died without her hearing me confess how I truly felt about her? I hoped she hadn't.

I hugged her and cried for what seemed like forever until I heard someone take a step next to me. I looked up to see the creature that had killed Sarah holding a bloody spear with a proud look on his face and I wanted to just smack it right off. I felt anger start to rise up in me. I slowly laid Sarah gently on the floor and stood up to stare at the monster, my hair smoking.

"You," was all I could get out.

The monster smiled at me in a satisfied way. "Oh I'm sorry, did I just kill your girlfriend? My bad," he teased.

I felt my face get hot with anger, tears still making their way down. "You," was all I could say before my hands burst into flames. The monsters face changed in shock and slight fear as he noticed my hands. Without thinking it through I ran at the monster, my hands in flames. I gripped him tight as he yelled in pain, my fire burning through his skin. The monster thrashed and struggled to push my off. He threw me back on the ground but I get right back up and ran at him again. I was pissed. This creature just killed Sarah and I wasn't going to stop until he was dead. Until all the monsters in here were dead. I was still crying but most of my sadness had been replaced by anger. Most of me was on fire now. My hands, my arms, my hair, my shoulders. Basically everything stomach and up was burning in white hot flames.

The monster cried out in pain before finally burning away into a pile of gold dust. I tuned to look back at all the other monsters that were still there. Some were making their way forward to fight me, some were staring at me terrified. I knew I was going to turn all of them to dust. A couple charged and I shot flames at them and they all cried in pain as they burned to the ground until they were nothing but gold ash. My whole body was on fire now. Any tears that made their way out of my eyes immediately went up in steam from the fire. I charged at the other monsters. I was going to burn them too. I was going to burn them all.

I heard someone shout my name from behind me but it sounded blurry, as if it was underwater. I stared at the snake in front of me hissing in pain. I watched as the monsters' skin boiled and popped and burned. I couldn't think straight. I knew this was inhuman but I couldn't stop myself. Right now the only thing controlling my body was the need for revenge. "Leo, stop!" someone shouted from way behind me. Out of the corner of my eye I saw a wall go up in flames and I knew that this building was about to burn down and kill everyone in it, including my friends but I couldn't make myself stop. I had gone mad with power and the need for revenge. I wasn't going to stop until I knew every monster in this building was dead.

My head pounded and I couldn't see straight. All my energy was going quick and I was having trouble even standing. My flames were dying out quick. "Leo!" I couldn't tell who spoke. I fell to my knees on the ground and tried to focus on what was in front of me. What was in front of me was terrifying.

The whole half of the room was doused in fire. Flames licking the ceiling and taking in anything it could. It was destructive. Cries of pain echoed through the room as monsters burned in agony. I caused this. I heard footsteps come up behind me. "Leo, come on!" I felt a hand grab my arm which had cooled off by now. My vision blurred as I stared at the red and orange streaks of flames. The last thing I saw was the was the terrifying scene I had caused before blacking out.