Chapter 22: Troubles

Start from the beginning

Caroline gathered her stuff and just before exiting the class room she heard Professor saying:" Don't worry about your previous assignements, I have them all recorded, what you have or haven't already done. They will do in he next class too."

"Ok, thanks Professor!" Caroline said, slightly stupefied. Looks like she had just dropped at least one college class, for who know how long.

Caroline stumbled her way out, the sun  was still high up in the sky and Caroline felt that after these slightly odd and embarasing moments, she needed just lay down in the sun for a while. Caroline found a good spot in the middle of other students, layed on her back and shut her eyes. While drifting between reality and dreams Caroline started to feel that Professor Prentiss might have a good point.

"I need to focus on Lucas first, after that how to get rid of Marcel, then college. It's not like this would be a one time thing... I have all the time in the world at least in theory..." Caroline was halfly fallen asleep I  the warm sun light when suddenly a shadow cast over her.

"Well, I haven't seen you around here for a while." Someone purred.

"Oh no, it can't be..." Caroline thought and opened her eyes. It was, who else than Marcel.

"Like I said, I haven't see you around here lately..." Marcel teased and smiled his usual wide smile. "And you slipped away from my party also, without even saying goodbye. Shame on you, Miss Forbes!" Marcel acted like he was slightly offenced. He stood

"Oh, I guess college wasn't my thing after all..." Caroline rose to sit and laughed dryishly, "How come you have started to hang around on campus? I thought you'd prefer fancy masquerade balls and midnight blood-parties." Caroline asked little too cheekily.

"You sounded so excited about college so I thought, why not give it a try. I have a little spare time between massacres and other boring duties. Back in my days, before I became a vampire, I wouldn't have had even a chance to learn to read." Marcel said and kneeled down to be more close to Caroline.

"So you are here because of me?" Caroline stared at him, thinking he must be joking.

"You caught me." Marcel laughed and raised his hands as to surrender. "I have to admit that I have hoped for running to you time to time here in campus. But I guess I have bad luck when it comes to you..." Marcel gave Caroline a mischievous look, "I never get a chance to spend more time with you, only few moment at the time. You're kind an elusive, Caroline."

"Umm.." Caroline was puzzling inside her head. Marcel was so upfront, he just admitted that he was there because of her. "How could I use it to my advantage? Should I just set the plan rolling?", Caroline thought. "My time is valuable. One has to prove that they are worthy of my company." Caroline finally announced, clearly theatrically, hoping that Marcel would play along, and he did.

"Oh, my lady. What shall I do, so I could be in your favour?" Marcel smiled. He had swallowed the bite without hesitating.

"Try hard enough." Caroline said arrogantly, but then she softened. "But I guess you have done so. You have earned a cup of coffee with me in the campus café." Caroline had done it. She was yet again the distraction to the bad guy and hopefully she could manage to get out of it alive.

"Fantastic!" Marcel couldn't be more happier as he stood up and offered his hand to Caroline. "Please, come, my lady!"

Caroline took Marcel's hand and then gathered her belongings. She couldn't believe what she was doing, believing that Marcel had bought her act so quickly was even harder. They walked tot the café nearby and as Marcel was ordering their coffees, Caroline speed-texted to Klaus and Elijah, where she was, with who and told them not to worry. Elijah was fine by it, but Klaus... well he never reacted well in surprises. Especially when he had absolutely no control on them. If a text message could kill...