Chapter 3 - "We are officially partners in crime."

Mulai dari awal

Cece looked to Elliot with a giddy smile as the door opened. They all stood as Beck stepped inside, followed by Elliot's lawyer. Elliot held back her annoyed scowl as Cece leaned forward, taking in Beck's button down and cardigan with the sleeve pushed up.

"Beck, thank you so much for coming," Elliot said, shaking his hand. "This is my sister Cece."

Cece gave Beck a charming smile.

"It's nice meeting you," Cece said.

"Same," Beck said.

Cece looked to Elliot and winked.

"Well, thanks for letting me stop by," Cece said, grabbing her bag. "I will let you get to it. Toodles!"

The door clicked shut behind Cece and Elliot looked to Matt.

"Shall we get this signed and over with?" Elliot asked.

"Yes."

Matt unbuttoned his suit jacket and sat down, everyone else following his lead.

Half an hour later, the sound of a pen scribbling across paper filled the office. Elliot let out a quiet sigh of relief as Beck finished adding his signature to the contract. Matt capped his pen and stowed the contract away. Elliot smiled at Beck.

"That's it, we are officially partners in crime," Elliot said.

"It would appear so," Beck said, evenly.

Elliot hesitated, then pushed forward.

"Well, seeing how this is the case," Elliot said. "I thought I could take you to see the office."

A hint of a frown creased Beck's forehead.

"This office was only temporary for the interviews," Elliot said, reading his confusion. "My real office is across from the Common."

Beck nodded.

"Also, I figured after that it might be a good idea to have lunch," Elliot said. "You know, get to know each other before we start working together."

Something flickered though Beck's expression.

"Okay," Beck said.

**********************

Elliot held the door open for Beck.

"This is the office," Elliot said, sweeping her hand wide.

A wall of windows looked out on the Boston Common. In the center of the room were two couches and an arm chair encircling a wooden coffee table. In one corner was a kitchenette.

"The cupboards have mugs, glasses, plates and such," Elliot said, walking over to the kitchenette. "There is also an endless supply of tea, coffee and snacks of all kinds."

Elliot looked back to Beck, who still stood in the doorway, his hands in the pockets of his slacks.

"Let me know if there is something specific you want and I'll have it added," Elliot said.

Beck nodded as he looked over the room, his gaze scrutinizing.

"I tend to write in the arm chair and couch. Sometimes the desk, if I feel like it," Elliot said.

Beck walked to the windows.

"It's a good view," he said.

Elliot joined him.

"It's the reason I chose the place. I like a lot of light and watching the way it changes through out the day," Elliot said.

Beck looked at her, his gaze studying. Elliot fidgeted.