25: Rias, My Mama

" Akabane "

Karma: oh. Jujuro-san.

Jujuro : I forget you're qualified to come to this party for higher ups.

Karma: that's what you get for not paying attention. Be careful the next spot I aim would be yours.

Jujuro: If you can.

Karma: If I remember correctly, jujuro-san sat at this position when you're 5 years older than me.

Jujuro: so?

Karma: if I could take your seat, I could also take your title of being the youngest to take your seat.

Jujuro: reaching the top is never easy akabane. Be careful you die before you even got a second step on the stairs to the top.

Karma: I'm more prepared in ways you don't know and will never know.

Jujuro: you mean ansatsu kyoushitsu? The special programme?

Karma pov:

He knows. Tsk. Not that this is very surprising.

Karma: probably. Or not.

Jujuro: be very careful. Akabane. *Cold laughs* but I'll admit one thing. Your backing is scary. I don't know how you got it , but it isn't going to last long. Like I said. Be very careful of your life.
_________________________________

Karma: Hiyuri. *Waves*

Hiyuri: oh. Karma. Gomen. Made you wait? Was experimenting my brownie with coffee.

Karma: it's ok.

Hiyuri: you could come up you know. It's not like Nagisa is angry with you or anything.

Karma: really?

Hiyuri nods " Nagisa told me to be safe."

Karma: so fast and you tell him everything already? You two aren't even married yet.

Hiyuri blushes " it's not like that... it's just... I didn't think things like that should be hidden from him. "

Karma: I see. Then let's go up.

Hiyuri: um.
_________________________________

Hiyuri opens the door " Nagisa. Karma came up with me."

Nagisa: oh. Karma.

Karma: yo. Nagisa. So you both stay together now?

Nagisa: no no. Hiyuri stays at koro sensei's. She just came over to borrow my oven since aguri-san was making oven chicken for koro sensei. Hiyuri was making some brownies for the school donation that's coming up.

Karma: looks like she's tied pretty strong to you

Nagisa: well... I think she just like the school I'm in a lot and the students.

Karma takes a seat at the sofa " I see."

Nagisa: deh? What do you need? Karma.

Karma: so defensive.

Nagisa:that's not what I mean... I just...

Karma smiled " I'm just joking."

Nagisa: Hiyuri. Go buy some flour. There's no more.

Hiyuri catches the hint in the gentle request Nagisa makes. Hiyuri opens the door and leaves " I'm leaving."

Nagisa: you don't believe me.

Karma: you were so defensive over her. I'm not here to harm her.

Nagisa: I know . I just asked out of curiosity. I thought it would be enough to settle between yourselves

Karma: you trust me?

Nagisa: honestly... not really. But you're my friend. So I will.
.
.
.
.
Hiyuri: tadaima.

Nagisa: oh. Okaeri.

Karma: Hiyuri. Jujuro-san. Do you know him?

Hiyuri: um. We don't take clients like jujuro. We as in, when I was with Rias. The people he requests to kill are too flashy. Not that we don't kill flashy people. The things he involves himself in... he's a self-centered human being. Business like that is troublesome. We'll end being his personal assassin. So we don't do business like that with people like him.

Karma: I see. A strong backing. Be careful of my life. My backing isn't going to last long.Do you know what he was referring about?

Hiyuri: be careful of your life? Like just an anger comment? Or to provocate ?

Karma: no. He meant it. Like he's going to kill me. Even after knowing I have background in the special programme.

Hiyuri: hiring specialists... to kill you... strong backing. Not going to last long. Someone was protecting you...

Karma: seeing that face. It wasn't you then.

Hiyuri:..... no. But I think I know who.

Karma: who?

Hiyuri: Nagisa... remember I told you Rias is my mama? I wasn't lying .

Nagisa pov:

Her face sunk... it wasn't sadness. It was... frustration. Confusion.

And... a little happiness, that instant when she figured Rias was helping out, that smile she puts one. That small short smile.