열셋

(t.)

(present day)

In the next morning, Mark woke up with a bright smile on his face. It was the day after their Los Angeles concert, which had been an huge sucess, and it was the day after he finally saw Vivien after all these years. Mark still couldn't believe it; he was still amazed at how her face and expression didn't change a bit: her hair was still untamed, her smile remained the same and her eyes were still the most beautiful shade of green he had ever seen, although not as bright and happy as they used to be: they seemed tired and faded.

Mark had a hard time falling asleep that night just thinking about everything that happened that day, but the thing that kept him the most worried was the lack of light in Vivien's eyes. "Is she not happy?" was all that Mark could think about. He kept tossing and turning in his bed and Youngjae noticed that something wasn't right with his friend.

"What's wrong, hyung?" – Youngjae asked.

"There's nothing wrong, Youngjae. Go back to sleep" – Mark said, not wanting to share his worries.

"C'mon, I know something's wrong, you seem worried. Is it about that girl?" – The younger could read right throught Mark, so he decided to tell him the truth.

"Yes" – he sighed – "It is.."

"What about her? Are you worried you might not see her again?"

"No, that's not it, we even agreed to meet tomorrow. It's just..."

"Yes?"

"... Neverming Youngjae, it's late, just go back to sleep." – Mark said trying his best to avoid talking about his true feelings.

"You know you can trust me, hyung. I don't like to see you worrying like this." – The younger said. Mark sighed:

"Her eyes, Youngjae... They weren't the same..."

"What do you mean?"

"Her eyes used to be full of life and light; now they were just... empty..." – Mark said, each word making him more sad.

"Are you worried that something bad is up with her?"

"Yes... I know there's something wrong, I just can't put my finger on it..."

"Maybe it's just you and she was fine. She was so happy to see you."

"No, Youngjae. I know that something was wrong, trust me, I've known her my entire life, I know what I'm talking about."

"Alright, hyung. You're going to meet her tomorrow, aren't you?"

"Yeah, so what?"

"You can ask her if there's anything wrong."

"I don't know about that... I have a feeling she won't tell me because she doesn't want to worry me."

"But you don't know if anything's wrong and you're worrying already, so you should definitely ask her."

"Alright" – he sighed for the one hundredth time that night – "I'll ask her. Thank you, Youngjae~"

"You're welcome, hyung. Now stop worrying and let's sleep~ Good night, Mark~" – Youngjae sweetly said.

"Good night, Youngjae~" – Mark smiled and turned his back so he was facing the wall.