요섯

(t.)

(8 years ago)

It had been a month and half since Vivien and Dylan had started officially dating and Mark couldn't feel any less empty. He was now often alone because his best friend was too busy hanging out with her boyfriend, which, by the way, Mark didn't like one bit. He knew that the feeling was mutual; Dylan hated Mark as well, he hated him because he spent too much time around Vivien, oblivious to the fact that Vivien was Mark's only actual friend.

Mark knew that Dylan was the jealous and possessive type, and that made him feel uneasy because he knew how much Vivien loved being friends with everybody, how much she loved being able to comunicate and be sociable; and he also knew that Dylan would try to cut her freedom.

Vivien, on the other hand, didn't seem to notice any of these things: to her, Dylan was flawless, unable to harm her or do her wrong. Mark knew that she would be too blind to see what person Dylan really was, because that's who Vivien is, she's naive and believes that everybody has good intentions. Only the thought of Dylan laying a finger on Vivien could make Mark sick to his stomach.

Nowadays, when Mark and Vivien hung out, the topic was always the same: Dylan. It was either Vivien ranting about how much she loved Dylan, about how perfect he is and how much she wants to be with him forever or it was Mark complaining about him, about how they don't hang out as often and about how he would end up hurting her.

"Do you seriously think he's not going to end up hurting you?" – Mark asked with a serious face.

"Why would he do something like that?"

"Because that's the kind of guy he is! You've heard about what he did to other girls in the past! He hurt them and left them broken hearted. Do you really want that for yourself?"

"He's not like that anymore, he has changed! He changed for me, because he loves me!"

"Oh my God, do you actually believe that? Guys like him don't change, Viv!"

"There's no "guys like him", Mark! He's different now. And he has never hurt me or been agressive to me! He has been nothing but a gentleman and a sweetheart!"

"You have no idea of how ridiculous you sound right now."

"What do you mean I sound ridiculous? You're the one who's talking about stuff you know nothing about! I've honestly never felt this happy before, so why are you trying to ruin my happiness?"

"I'm not trying to ruin your happiness, I'm just trying to warn you about him! He's not good for you and you're the only one who doesn't seem to notice that. You've known this guy for about two months, and you choose to believe and trust him over trusting me, your best friend, someone who you've known your whole life!?"

"You should be the one trusting me when I say that I know what I'm doing and that he makes me happy! I didn't knew you could be this selfish."

"What?! I'm being selfish? I'm looking out for you, Viv! You're my best friend and I love you and I care for you! I'm not being selfish at all, you're just too blind to see what's really going on."

"You know what?" – she said, standing up, clearly annoyed – "Whatever, Mark. You can call me when you stop being a little bitch."

"Sure, just don't come crying on my shoulder when he breaks your heart or slaps you in the face, who knows. Because I know that'll happen, and when it does, I don't think I'll have enough band-aids too fix it." – Mark said as Vivien walked out of the room and he was left alone.

Heyyy, it's me again ^-^ sorry for the wait, but I didn't had many time to write, but here it is! I'm sorry if it's not good and I'd be forever thankful if you could comment your opinion! It would mean the world to me if you shared, liked and commented on this fanfic! Bye for now~ ^-^