아홉

(t.)

(present day)

It was about five in afternoon when they landed in Los Angeles. Mark was eager to get out of that plane and finally see his family, it had been about 2 years since he saw his parents and he missed them very much. Mark hadn't been in the U.S since he left to Korea, but his parents visited him when he debuted with GOT7. It has been about 7 years since he'd be home and, although he was extremely happy to finally be home, he felt uneasy because of a certain someone; that someone being no other than his former best friend, Vivien. He felt anxious whenever the thought of seeing her again crossed his mind, and it seemed like he couldn't stop thinking about it. He felt this way because he knew he was the one who screwed everything up: he was the one who made promises he couldn't keep. He promised her they would speak everyday, they would skype and that he would try to come visit as often as he could. And guess what? None of it happened. Mark didn't thought that being a trainee would be as hard as it was, but between Korean lessons, dance practices and vocal coaching, he barely had time to eat, let alone text or call Vivien. Sometimes he thought that their separation was for the best, he thought he could finally get over his little crush and move on with his life. But it turns out that it was way harder that what he expected. It was impossible for him to get over Vivien because she wasn't just "a little crush": Mark loved her. He tried to convince himself that it would eventually go away, except that it didn't.

The thought of meeting Vivien went away as he realized that the odds of it happening were very little. They arrived at the airport and Mark was greeted by his family who looked extremely happy to see him, just as he was to see them. They left the airport as fast as possible though, afraid that journalist and the paparazzi would show up.

When they arrived in the hotel, they settled their stuff and relaxed for a bit. After a while, Mark couldn't rest, due to jet lag. He unlocked his phone and saw that it was only 7 p.m, so he thought about going out with his members, before anyone would spread news that they were already in Los Angeles.

"Hey, Youngjae? Jackson?" – he said as he tried to get his roommates attention.

"Uh? What is it hyung?" – Youngjae asked.

"It's kind of early so I was thinking that maybe I could show you around L.A, you know, before anyone finds out that we're here."

"I'm in! Let's go!~" – Jackson said standing up, being his usual eager self.

"Wait, shouldn't we ask the other members if they want to come too?" – Youngjae said, already typing a message into their groupchat – "JB and Jinyoung said that they want to rest but Bambam and Yugyeom said they'll join us" – after Youngjae finished talking, they heard a knock on the door.

Mark opened the door and saw BamBam and Yugyeom, who looked very excited.

"Let's go!~" – BamBam said, clearly excited to be able to walk around Los Angeles.

"Alright, let's go!" – Mark said as they all made their way out of the hotel, accompanied by their security guards, just in case.

The two younger members were both amazed by the city and it's beauty, Youngjae and Jackson were busy taking pictures of everything they saw and Mark was remembering all of the moments he lived in that city and just remembering how happy he was in Los Angeles. Of course he was happy to move to Korea, because of that he now had six wonderful best friends that he was very thankful for, but he couldn't help but miss those days.

As their were making their way back to the hotel, a group of girls spotted them:

"Oh my God, isn't that GOT7?!" – one of them asked the other girl.

"It is! Jackson! Here!" – other girl loudly shouted as they started running towards them. – "Mark oppa! Here!"

And before they knew, they were surrounded by a huge crowd of girls. Mark stopped for a moment when he heard a familiar voice shouting his name. "...Viv?" – he thought. He started frantically looking around, trying to find out where this voice was coming. He saw two security guards "dragging" a girl out of the crowd and, after that, the he couldn't hear the voice anymore. He then proceeded to talk to some of the girls and take pictures with them.

On their way back to the hotel, Mark couldn't stop thinking about the voice that he heard calling his name earlier. Was he imagining things? Was Vivien actually there?

They arrived to the hotel, and all those thought drifted away as his eyelids started to feel heavy and he fell asleep on his bed.

As always, I hope you liked this chapter and it would mean everything to us if you voted, commented or shared this fanfic! Goodbye!~