17. Run, Hide, Seek

Awakening in an unfamiliar location was something Sienna had become used to over the past years, but this was disconcerting.

The room was bare, sparsely decorated and looked as if it contained just the bare minimum - and for an omnic, Sienna thought, that truly is very little. Especially an omnic monk, at that.

Last night's memories finally coming back to her, she sat up and brushed the curled, unruly locks back off her face. The futon was hard, but Sienna had clearly slept so soundly it hadn't mattered - under the supervision of Zenyatta, somehow she had felt safe... Something that had managed to evade her since she had arrived. Since everything that had happened. Especially since he's an omnic.

Noticing the empty room, Sienna swung her legs over the edge of the futon and spied a small note lying on the low table.

Sienna,
Although I cannot dispel your fears myself I did not return you to your room when you fell asleep, as I thought you may have been harbouring a discomfort around the... current situation. I felt that my company may have helped to perhaps calm you, and I hope the futon was an acceptable bed.
Hopefully, I will see you today at breakfast.
-Zenyatta

Clutching the note tightly, Sienna couldn't help but weakly smile at the thought of the well-meaning omnic. His constant strife for peace and goodness truly made him impossible to dislike, she felt.

It took her legs a second to adjust to standing again after the rushing emotions of last night, and she brushed down her clothes as best she could - which proved to be an impossible task to remove the creases and crumples from being slept on.

Deciding it was best to head back to her own room to change before seeing everyone at breakfast, she took a few deep breaths to stabilise herself before heading out.

The corridor was cold and draughty, and Sienna shivered slightly as the cool breeze caught her skin and made her hairs stand on end. Wrapping her arms tight around herself, she sped up - lengthening her strides.

The quicker she got to her room, the quicker she could get to breakfast and see people.

Something about the solitude wasn't quite sitting right inside her, and she knew that seeing the Overwatch members would distract her from the shadows that seemed to loom and stretch in the corners, curling dark fingers towards her as if reaching out to swallow her and-

Enough. Enough with the self torture, Sienna.

At this point, her brain couldn't quite manage to scare her as much as she had felt last night, but it still wasn't pleasant to feel it kick at her.

Recognising the final twists and turns of the corridor approaching her room, Sienna let her footsteps slow to a casual pace; calming herself.

Unless Zenyatta or Jack had visited, which was highly unlikely, nobody had been to her room since that night, and it would be as she left it.

Feeling the unease settling in her stomach, she stopped for a moment waiting for it to quell.

It's okay Sienna. Its just a jacket. He's not here. Just change and go to breakfast.

Taking another final deep breath in through her nose, she picked up her feet and rounded the final corner to her room.