08; Two Surpises

Lilly

As I came to a stop at the trail, I jumped out of the car. "Aright, you wanker! I know you're out there somewhere!" I shouted, as the others got out the cars.

"DADDY DEAREST!" I shouted again, but he didn't appear. "I don't think he's here Lilly" Atticus spoke making me look at him.

"Oh, he's here alright" I grumbled before walking over to the trail. "You really want to take me walking into a muddy trail, when I have heels on" Bekah complained as they all followed me.

"I'm not dragging you Bekah" I pointed out, not bothered to listen to her complain anymore.

"If he was here, love, he would have heard you and came to see what was wrong. Even though they gave you up, he wouldn't just ignore you, when you're shouting for him" Nik spoke up making me sigh.

"I want answers" I told him, just as I pushed a branch out of my way, revealing a wide-open space.

Stepping further into the clearing, I was hoping to find my parents stood there, but there was nothing.

I looked around, before I felt myself deflate. I just wanted my answers, and by the looks of it, I wasn't getting them anytime soon.

I looked at Nik, who had just stepped behind me, hugging my back to his chest, and a comforting smile on his face.

"Come on love. It's been a long day" He whispered, kissing my forehead. I sighed, but nodded.

After today I was definitely ready for a nice soak in the bath, and my bed; snuggled up with my husband.

As we all went to head back to the cars, Atticus stopped us. "Wait!" He called before rushing over to a broken tree stump, and picking up a piece of white paper off the floor.

"It's addressed to us" He spoke looking at me, making me rush over to him and snatch the piece of paper out of his hand, which had 'Atticus and Aemiliana' wrote on the front of it.

I looked at my brother before opening it, letting a photo drop out onto the floor, which he picked up.

I looked over at it, letting my jaw drop as my eyes landed on the family photo of me, Atticus, and our parents.

Taking a deep I started to read the letter.

Atticus, Aemiliana,

I'm sorry we're not here to explain everything to you, but it's not time yet.

I promise you my children, that your answers will come soon, but right now, there's something that we need to do.

What I can tell you is, that making you both newborns and giving you away to random families, was the hardest thing we have ever had to do, and that includes bringing you both up.

Believe it or not, but you both wasn't the easiest children to bring up. Aemiliana was the hardest though, and as I've heard from your father, you haven't changed, which is nice to know.

Atticus, you were the one who kept Aemiliana happy, you protected her like any other brother would, the bond between you both was so strong, that nothing could break it.

You would argue with eachother for hours, but then you'd make up and act like nothing happened.

I truly hope that hasn't changed, and that you are as close now, now that you've been reunited.

We will see eachother again, I promise. I need to have my children in my arms once again.

Remember we love you both, and we always have.