01; New home

Lilly

"LILLY!" Henrik shouted walking into the seating room, where I was currently sat, reading through my grimoire, seeing if I could find a magical way to find some information out on my birth parents.

But when you know nothing about them, you come up with a blank.

"What?" I sighed turning my head to look at him. "Do you know where Nik is?" He asked making me shrug. "Somewhere in the house"

Henrik still needs to get used to the fact that he's a supernatural, and using his heightened senses.

"What are you doing?" He asked coming to sit next to me. "Trying to find out about my biological family" I told him, as I flipped the page.

"How, when you don't even know what your family name is?" He asked raising his eyebrows.

"That's why I'm seeing if there's a way with magic" I explained, before closing the grimoire since there was nothing.

We've been in Rome now for 2 weeks, and I've been non-stop researching and I've gotten nowhere.

Nik's been helping me, but he's gotten nothing either, making me think that I wasn't going to get anywhere.

"Mum!" Phoebe spoke walking into the room with a smile on her face and her phone to her ear. "Yes?" I asked.

"Is Leon okay to come and visit for a bit?" She asked, making me nod. "Yeah. He can stay in one of the spare rooms" I told her before standing up. "I'm going to look for Nik" I told them, as I walked out of the room, making my way upstairs, following where my feet led me.

As I stopped outside Nik's 'office' I heard the strokes of a paintbrush, making me smile. Nik loves his art work.

As I opened the door, my smile grew, seeing my husband painting on a canvas.

"Hello, love" He spoke, putting his paintbrush down and pulling me into a hug, pressing a kiss against my forehead.

"What are you painting?" I asked raising my eyebrow, since all that was on the canvas was a very detailed white tree with a grey background, and it looked beautiful, but it wasn't his usual work. This had more of a modern style to it.

"You'll see" He winked at me before pulling me over to his desk, and sitting me down on his knees.

"How are you both?" He questioned placing his hand on my little bump, and when I say little, I meant little.

I was still surprised Bekah could see it when me and Nik got back to Mystic Falls, after getting the house here built.

"We're good" I smiled at him before pressing my lips against his. "How's the search coming?" He asked rubbing his thumb against my stomach.

"The usual" I sighed as I cuddled into him. "You'll get there love. It's just gonna take time" He reassured me, as he ran his fingers through my hair.

"Hopefully" I whispered closing my eyes. "Henrik was looking for you" I told him as I kept my eyes closed.

"Oh well" He shrugged as I felt him relax underneath me. "I heard that Leon's coming to visit" He mumbled.

"Yeah, I said he can stay in one of the guest rooms" I mumbled. "Hmm. Hmm" He hummed, just as there was a knock on the door.

"Yes?" Nik sighed before looking towards the door just as Bekah walked in. "We're celebrating Christmas this year" She ordered, giving us a look that meant there wasn't to be an argument about it.

"Very well" Nik nodded, making me and Bekah look at eachother, before slowly looking at Nik. "What?" He asked confused.

"You just agreed that we celebrate Christmas, Nik. You were never bothered about celebrating it" Bekah told him, still shocked.