Chapter 33 ~ Century (pt. 2)

~Sarah's POV~

I wake up to the harsh, bright light burning into my flesh. I can barely open my eyes because of it. I raise my hand to cover myself and sit up.

I'm sitting in a chair next to Ty. He looks at me, "About time you woke up." He tells me, slightly joking but then coming to a realization and shushing himself. I raise an eyebrow in questioning. He doesn't notice, however.

Trying to find out where we are I look around. There is a blue wall-papered wall and a linoleum flooring. Surprisigly enough, there is a hospital bed in front of us I didn't notice. 'Why are we in a hospital?' I ask myself, preparing for the worst.

The I'Vs and the cords make it worse. The steady beep of a heart moniter breaks the silence. I start shaking rapidly, no hope of coping. It happens when I'm nervous.

Ty tries to calm me down by dragging his fingers through my hair but it doesn't. My breathing heavies and I stare at the body on the bed.

The one belonging to daddy. Adam.

It takes all I have to keep from jumping on him. No. This can't happen again.

I've lost one daddy before. I can't loose another.

My shaking starts again and the tears prick at the corners of my eyes. They burn as they travel down my red cheeks. Ty notices me staring and he cuddles me close. He sobs lightly into my shoulder, but I'm full-on crying.

Not tonight.

Those words. They burn and left enternal damnation in my mind.

I let out a sigh and notice Ty has a cast on his leg. "Ty? Your leg..." I trail off. he looks down at his own leg.

"It was a pretty bad car crash." He tells me as he hides his eyes under his bang.

I get up and walk over to daddy Adam's bed. The IVs are stuck in his arm, his head is heavily bandanged and his lower half is covered with blanket it.

I lay my head on his stomach and listen to his distilled breathing. I close my eyes and listen to the comforting breaths. I lay my hands over his hands, letting tears roll down onto his bed sheet.

My breath gets cought in my throat as the heart moniter quickens to a normal pace. Will he? I smile a bit, using all my power to withhold my enthusiasm.

I sense Ty smile a bit in the background.

My overwhelming euphoria quickly turns to dark and dangerous sadness as the monitor continues to speed up.

I feel my heart stop altogether. My lungs quit. My hands shake.

I feel my heart beat again, only pounding and hurting. My ears heat up as a electronic drone fills the room.

A noise no-one would want to hear for centuries.

The monitor flat-lines.

beeeeeeeeeeeeeppp.