Special Chapter

“Shall I send you home for your sake or let you stay for my sake?” That was the very first thing I heard upon waking up. I stayed still on my position, trying not to move even in an inch, to let her know that I was still in a deep sleep. “Aniya. I’m really crazy for thinking that way. Please forgive me. Kurae, let’s do our best to send you back on your world,” she then added.

After the silence filled the air, I slowly opened my eyes and good thing she seemed like sleeping already, peacefully closing her eyes. I unknowingly gazed at her face and uttered abruptly, “It must be nice to live in this world with you. Geundae, Yoo Jung-ah, Ra On is waiting for me on the other side. She’s alone there, patiently waiting for me.”

---

“You came from the past too?” I exclaimed upon hearing his story. “How did… How do you… Just how did you came here?” He scanned his things whilst continuing his story, searching for maybe that thing that put him in this world. He then go back to his seat and showed me a necklace, a necklace just like our bracelet.

“This necklace was filled by our promises, a fated promise. I have no idea that taking it off would break those promises. Don’t you know that a promise of love was the strongest talisman a person can hold? No one knows what punishment would be upon breaking those promises. For me, it was permanently parting from her since I was here and she was in the other world. That was my punishment for not taking care of this necklace, of our promises.”

That was it! Ra On and my bracelet were our own talismans. Our bracelets symbolized our love and breaking this bracelet would eventually break our promise of love. We parted, yet it would bring us back together again only if we still treasured that promise, but she took it off and mine was broke into pieces.

Kurae, she took it off! She was also punished when she took it off!

“Mr. Kang, do your necklaces carry the same punishment?” I asked, hoping he would move his head to say yes, but in my disappointment, he just shrugged his shoulder.

“I don’t know. Wouldn’t it be great if they really are? In that way, we will have the chance to start again.”

I bid my goodbye right away after thanking him a lot. It just made my hopes rise. She was already here, already with me. I just needed to confirm it. No wonder I really felt that she was Ra On, although she kept on insisting that she’s not.

I headed right away on her dorm only to see Soo Bin sitting on the living room with picnic basket in front of her. Just, where are they going? I immediately talked to her and asked if I could meet and talk to Yoo Jung right now, but she was insisting that I couldn’t.

“Jebal, Soo Bin-ah, I just need to tell her something. I just need a confirmation from her.” She shook her head, giving me thoughts that I couldn’t get a little time of Yoo Jung right now. I took a look at her, pleading, but it didn’t change her mind. After Yoo Jung walked out from her room, she immediately dragged us out and pulled Yoo Jung away from me, leaving me not knowing what to do.

After taking the elevator, I decided to follow them until they stopped in a park. They then settled everything and soon Soo Bin asked, “Yoo Jung-ah, can’t still remember?” The latter shook her head as I saw sadness on both of their eyes. “Anyway, do you want to hear the story on our first meeting?” They finally both smiled as she started, “It was my birthday on that day.” I focused on eavesdropping, somehow felt regretting that I was doing something that was not supposed to do, until I heard that part of her story. “I just remember, you were just like the Crown Prince, very strange on that day. You were wearing a hanbok too, a eunuch’s clothes.”

She was wearing a eunuch’s clothes on that day when it seemed like it was her first time in this world. She exactly looked like Ra On, and feelings wouldn’t lie. Her mouth could, but her heart couldn’t. She was insisting that she wasn’t Ra On, but she was acting the way Ra On acted. Weren’t these enough already to conclude that she was my Ra On? If not, I just need to know when did she came here. It was the only thing left to come up with this conclusion. Forgetting me had already a reason, and when I’ll found out she came here the same day she left me, she was really my Ra On.