Chapter 4

Curiosity kills, really.

I was supposed to go to my class now, but here I was, following the guy in hanbok I met yesterday. He needed to tell me something, as what he told me earlier.

We suddenly stopped on a garden. It was full of flowers, for real. The wall was literally full of flowers. The garden even had a swing bench. It was really an epitome of beauty.

All of a sudden, I felt like I already went here before. Memories were flashing on my mind that I had been here, with someone. Ah~ I’m getting weird again! I just looked around as I shook my head, trying to erase those weird thoughts. It was really beautiful here. Jinjja!

I glanced at him after sitting on the bench. “Geundae, Lee Yeong?” I hesitantly called his name. “Why did you bring me here? What will you tell me anyway?”

A smile immediately plastered on his face as he took continuous steps towards me. He let out a heavy sigh before he spoke, “I am searching for someone. She’s Ra On, Hong Ra On, my eunuch who suddenly disappeared. She looks exactly like you, your face, you voice, your gesture. I really love her that much that when I saw you, I was so happy to finally see her.”

I lowered down my head a little and avoided his gaze. Now, I really felt sorry for him. “I must have done a big mistake for ruining your happiness. But, I’m not really Ra On.” Pain, for mentioning her name again. Pain, for seeing him broken. His eyes just looked so sad. “I’m Kim Yoo Jung.”

“Kurae?” I nodded. He then forced on a smile.

“Joesonghamnida,” I bowed down my head this time.

“No, you don’t need to say sorry. Please, don’t lower down your head anymore. I was the one who made mistake. I’m sorry! I’m really sorry,” he panicky apologized. “I just learned everything last night, everything. Everything that is happening since yesterday. Ms. Kim Yoo Jung, I came here with you to ask you a favour, hoping you would say yes. Can you?” he begged.

I later nodded after considering things. As long as it wasn’t hard to do. “What’s it?”

“Have you heard the Joseon dynasty?” I moved my head to say yes. “How about the Crown Prince Lee Yeong?”

Oh? This is getting weirder! “Ne. We just had a little talk about him yesterday.”

“I… am that Crown Prince.”

A moment of silence, an awkward gaze, and a mouth wide opened. I was really shocked. Geundae, I burst out laughing, really loud. I looked at him as he pouted in annoyance. I was trying to stop myself, really, but I just couldn’t. I just stopped the moment he tss-ed. That was when I realized I shouldn’t have done this. How dare I do this to a stranger and Crown Prince, if he really is? I must have committed a mortal sin.

But, he later smiled. Eh?! Is he a bipolar? Annoyed but smiling? “That was her reaction too when I told her I am the Crown Prince. She just couldn’t believe it.” He was really smiling, not a sad neither a forced one. Felicity was obviously written on his face.

“You are… really… the Crown Prince?” He nodded, seriously. “Jinjja? How… How did you… How did you came here? The Crown Prince Lee Yeong was living on 1800s. It’s already in the year 2016 now. Are you able to live for more than 150 years now? Geundae, you really don’t look older than who are already on their 60s today.”

Is he really telling the truth? Do I need to believe his words? But I felt like I already did.

“Just… How did you came here?”

“I haven’t learned that thing yet. I was just practicing my sword with Byung Yeon when he accidentally hit my wri –” He stopped. He then suddenly grabbed my hand and held my wrist but soon release it from his grip, out of disappointment. “What was I expecting? She’s not Ra On. She just looks like her. The bracelet… She just left it there,” he mumbled, but I was able to hear it, clearly.