Chapter 35

"Ever has it been that love knows not it's own depth until the hour of separation"

-Khalil Gibran-

***

Stefano's P.O.V

Dammit !

Dammit !

Dammit !

How is this even possible ?

I look at the letter in my hand with heavy panting. I don't seem to care if anyone hears me or anything. It's still early in the morning and something just has to ruin my day.

I read it slowly, words by words, as I try to not lose my mind over it, but each and every words feel like sharp needles pinned into my skin.

"Dear Stefano

I will be leaving this house and I'm sorry that I have to do it this way, but truth is I am beyond hurt and I don't think the wound will be healing any time soon.

Don't look for me, for I know I am nothing but a mere possession to you, and if you think you can get everything with money, you are wrong.

If Alan asks me where I am, tell him the truth slowly, tell him I love him forever and always, find him a new and better mom if he ever needs one, and I will be understanding about it. and I'm sorry I have to leave both of you like this but I have no other choice.

I am taking a few pounds with me and I promise I will return them as soon I already get my life together again.

Sincerely,

Destiny"

***

What is the meaning of this !?

I scrambled the letter in my hand and I throw it in the trash bin, not wanting to see it any longer whatsoever.

I can feel my blood burning inside my vein, my mind is getting mixed up and I think something just punches me right in the chest because now it's thumping so loudly and it hurts.

No way this is actually happening.
There is no way my Destiny would leave like this, she isn't that kind of woman, she is better than this.

Then, why ?

Why is this letter here ?

I look around her room and it's empty. I cannot find any trace of her left. She seems to have brought all of her clothes and belongings and might have leave at night time when all of us were asleep. The suitcase that is in her closet is also nowhere to be seen, and no one else seem to have seen her.

Just what are those night guards doing ? How can they not see her leaving ? I need to fire them, if they aren't going to do their job properly, there is no need for useless staff in my mansion.

My knees feel weak but at the same time I feel a sudden bursting emotion, and I seem to lose my rationality as I punch the mirror in the guest room. And the pieces hurt the palm of my hand but it doesn't hurt at all compared to the storm in me now.