Chapter 34

"You've spent your whole life running and running, trying to catch up with something that has never been there for you.

And all you've done is go farther and farther away from the precious love that's been waiting for you all the time."

-Unknown-

***

Destiny's P.O.V

I wake up this morning feeling absolutely horrible. My head slightly aches from the heavy pouring pain last night. I shouldn't have got drenched like that, but my mind was blurry, and even now, I simply cannot think straight after whatever happened yesterday.

Yesterday felt like such a long day, I have never felt that way my whole life. And I think I still don't want to accept the reality of what happened.

The bitter truth.

I move my hands toward my hair and rub it backward. My white sleeping gown is all creased. And I try to ignore my messy appearance in the mirror that sits right in front of me.

What do I do ?

It almost as if I forget how to function. It's like, all of a sudden I feel like I am a walking corpse. My mental state just got hit and I feel at my absolute worse. You may think I am overreacting, but finding out about shocking things can make you collapse, and it's a real thing.

My stomach is grumbling. I look beside me to see a plate filled with a cold soup. It's from last night, when a maid came to my room to bring me dinner. And I didn't even want to touch it because I was feeling nauseous.

Gosh, I didn't eat dinner, and now I'm starving.

I try to get up from the bed and actually for once doesn't make the bed again. I usually always make the bed all by myself but I guess for today, the maids can do it.

I get out from the room and walk down to dining room, trying to get something to eat. And it's actually, 8 a.m, which means Alan has gone to school and Stefano has gone to work.

Great, i guess it's just me and the rest of the servants.

As I walk into the dining room, i am surprised to see Stefano sitting there, all dressed up in a suit and tie, ready to go to work. He has a cup of coffee on his hand with his laptop right in front of him, as if he is working right now.

I am taken aback by his presence alone and before I realize it, I am on a steady position to run away.

Why is he still here ?

Stefano catches me looking at him and he stands up from his seat, looking at me and slowly approaches me.

My feet wouldn't budge, as if someone is pinning my feet. And before I realize it Stefano is standing right in front of me. He slowly moves his finger trying to touch my cheek but I take a step back.

"Destiny, what's wrong ?"

He asks with a concerned voice. I stare at him with mixed feeling. This is the man that I love so much, but at the same time, this man is the man who offered to buy me from my father.

It may seems similar to taking me as a hostage, but for me, it's a different thing. He told me that he took me as a confirmed possession to make sure my father paid his debt, but what happened was he BOUGHT me from my father, as if I was a mere object, and that is the part that I cannot accept.