Chapter 30

"It's like you wait for me to be happy again, and then you decide to walk right back into my life"

-Unknown-

***

Destiny's P.O.V

Maybe my eyes are fooling me, or maybe I am too drowned in the crowd to the point I begin to see things that are just not real, but I don't know whether I'm dreaming or not, but I just saw my dad, my papa, and he was there, amongst the crowd, and although it was brief, for some reason I just know that it was him, and although I haven't seen him in more than a year or so, I still recognize him very well.

But if it was him, then what is he even doing here, how did he even get in, and isn't he supposed to be in London ? Running away from all his bills, debt, and gambling addiction ? Gosh, I hope I'm wrong, because I seriously wish that my current happy life doesn't get destroyed by someone who has left me for years, on and off.

The party soon comes to an end, Agata and Lucas are going to stay on this hotel for a few days to enjoy their nights alone, meanwhile the rest of us each get back home to our home. Stefano, Alan, and I are going home.

As we walk toward the car, again, I see the figure again, I see a figure similar to my papa standing in the corner of the building, half covered with the bush, and my eyes widen slightly, but Alan is taking my hand making me snap out of things. I smile at his small figure and help him get in the car since he is getting slightly sleepy from all the exhaustion.

We drive back to the house, we don't really speak much in the car since all of us are basically tired, but we talk about their wedding, and I realize that Stefano seems to have an apologetic expression on his face.

"What's wrong ?" I ask him as I try to keep Alan's head from falling.

"I'm sorry, it just, something suddenly hit me"

"What is it ?"

"Our wedding, I feel like our wedding was not the kind of wedding you dreamt of, i don't know why but i believe that you deserved better back then, it was only a private wedding, and even though it was held on a five star hotel as well, I wasn't able to make it as grand as it should've been, and for that reason, I want to apologize"

What's into him all of a sudden, he is acting kind of weird.

"What are you talking about ? No, you are wrong, it was more than what I could dream of, and I don't blame you for holding it privately since I was alone as well, it doesn't really matter anymore, so please, just don't bring it up again, for our sake"

I say trying to sound as convincing as possible, as I give him a gentle smile and give him a quick kiss on the cheek, I really want to enjoy the moment and be happy, I want to live my life, instead of trying to survive, and Stefano has given that, and for that I am really grateful, because how many times have things like this happen ?

however I still feel heavy inside, and something inside of me still feel uneasy, that sight, if that was indeed my father, then I guess I am in a trouble.

***

I get to my room, no... OUR room, and as Stefano takes another shower, I sit in my bed trying to get my mind off things, I purposely wear a blue night gown tonight because the color blue has been proven to give a calming effect on the brain, and I lit up some scented candles that are put on the corner desk, and I try to let my ash brown hair loose and flow down to my back. I take a deep breath and try to calm myself down before bed.

I try to think about the beautiful wedding this evening and I try to think about Stefano and Alan, and the little things they did earlier, just whatever that can help me relax a bit, because if I don't I will start feeling anxious.

I guess it's coming from the fact that I used to live alone for a long period of time, trying to make a living, and in between those times, I get anxious, and to make sure that doesn't last long, I think of beautiful things in life, things that I can appreciate, and that usually helps, cause if I don't, I would probably go crazy.

Come on, I am human too.

And my papa...

Gosh, why do problems always come when things are starting to get better ?

Suddenly there is a knock on the door, who is it that has to disturb me this late at night ?

I wear my slipper and drag my feet to the door, geez, I'm so tired right now and someone has to disturb me, I lazily open the door and it's one of the servant, she is still wearing a uniform and she holds out her hand to show me a letter.

A letter ?

Well, this is rare.

"Who is it from ?"

She shakes her head and reply in a slow voice, trying to not disturb anyone.

"I'm sorry, but I'm not sure, I found it in the hall earlier and it's addressed to madam"

I take the letter from her and give her a faint smile.

"Thanks, goodnight"

She smiles at me and nod.

"Good night madam"

I close the door and head to my bed again. The letter is plain white and there is no address of the sender, which leaves me in curiosity, who could have send this ?

I open the envelope and take the actual letter inside, I slowly unfold it and as soon as I take a look at it, I recognize the familiar hand writing.

It's my papa's

And I read each words and couldn't feel even worse. He is really trying to take advantage of my situation right now, but then again, no matter what, he is still my father, and right now he is asking me for a small favor.

Gosh, why do I always get caught up in this kind of situation ?

As I get caught up in my own mind, there is a clicking sound from the shower.

Stefano steps out from the shower and has a towel wrapping his private part while his hair still slightly wet and his body is fully dry.

No matter how much I've seen him this way, he always mesmerizes me, he always look like a stunning Greek god, just, with Italian blood, the way his muscle is built, and the way his face looks, everything is just so perfect.

How can a human like him exists ?

And how many times have I asked the same question ?

I look at him and before I realize it, he notices me and the letter in my hand, and a slight frown can be seen on his forehead.

"What is that ?" He asks me as he moves closer, and I try to fold back the letter and put it in the envelope again. As I quickly put it behind me. Silly I know, but it's the only thing that I can think of.

"Nothing" I reply trying not to sound panicked. He narrows his eyes which makes me even more nervous, like, why does it seem like I'm cheating right now.

"Seriously, there's nothing" I stand up and immediately put out the letter. I walk to the bed and rest myself.

"I'm tired, goodnight"

I can feel him staring at me, but right now, the only thing I can think of is myself.