Chapter 24

"Everybody simply wants to be reunited with their family members, their loved ones"

-Gary Locke-

***

Destiny's P.O.V

We are finally back in Italy after around three weeks of vacation. I feel refreshed and alive, and I feel like now I will be ready to face life again.

But the most exciting part of all is the fact that I can finally meet Alan again. I miss that cute little face very much, who ever thought that one little human being can lift up your mood so greatly ? I guess miracles must still happen in this world after all.

Sitting for a long period of time in the jet does make my butt hurt a little, and when it starts to get inconvenient, I just grab a blanket and position myself in a comfortable position and tries to close my eyes and get some sleep.

Stefano who has been sitting a few seats in front with his laptop, seems to be done with it and turns his head to the back.

I see him approaching so I pretend to close my eyes, he shouldn't notice, since one of my talent is to pretend to be asleep without being caught.

I know, kind of a useless talent, but you know the point.

I can hear his steps stop in the seat in front of me, as he position himself and sits right across me.

"Cara Mia, are you asleep ?" He asks me with a low voice that almost sounds like whisper, as he puts one of his hand in my cheek softly, of course I wouldn't answer, I just want to know his reaction, well, maybe something more than that.

"Ah, you still look beautiful even when asleep" I hear him talk again, it makes it as if he is talking to me, but it's more of him talking to himself.

"My precious diamond, I am the luckiest man on earth to even know you, I should have done it sooner"

I can hear him murmuring, and the last part catch my attention.

"Done it sooner" ?
What does he mean by that ?

Before long, I cannot pretend to be asleep anymore and slowly drifts off to the realm of dream.

***

My eyes flutter open and I realize we are about to land soon. Stefano is sitting in front of me as he gives an awkward smile.

"Well, you're awake"

I immediately straighten my posture and flinch back. Wait, hold on a second, has he been watching me asleep the whole time ? That can't be it, right ?

"We will land soon, get ready"

I feel the jet slowly getting lower and lower and finally touches the ground and stops after a few seconds.

The door is opened and Stefano gets down first before me and he helps me get down from the jet.

There are two cars nearby that have waited for us beforehand, along with a driver, and after the men help to get our belongings and put them in one of the car, we get in to the other car and soon driven on the road.