Falling for Devon... <3 [Chapter 8]

Start from the beginning

As I pressed Green and answered the phone I was startled by the voice. "Hey sweet pea!" I heard the voice say. I immediately recognized it as Devon. Darn it! "You going to fair today?" He asked curiously.

"How'd you get my number?" I asked already irritated.

"How do you think... I'm popular hon, and I got connections." I rolled my eyes at his answer. Uugghhh, he was so arrogant. "So? You going to the fair?" He asked again.

"Why?" I asked sternly.

"Me and this new guy, Matt, are going right now. I thought I'd show him around and introduce him to some girls. I mean come on what is a man like me without a women?" He asked sarcastically.

"Men like you? Nada. Because guys like you don't get women. They get childish sluts who really don't care whether or not they get their heart broken, because they are with some hot guy."

"You calling me hot, pumpkin?" he asked in a sarcastic tone.

"In. Your. Dreams. Ass... I mean come on. And stop with the nicknames...they make you sound like a complete idiot." I said confidently. I heard him chuckle.

"So you still haven't answered my question miss." He said again. I sighed and without saying anything else, hung up on him. He was seriously beginning to annoy me. How could I have gotten annoyed of some guy I had only just met? I thought to myself. I quickly stuffed my phone into my pocket, took my bag and my skateboard while checking my watch. Crap, if I didn't leave now I would be late. I quickly locked my front door, and got on my way to the fair. 

No! Devon was gonna be there with that new English Exchange student. Why? Uuggghhh....

***

As I rolled downtown towards the city fair, my phone began vibrating. Probably Jordan or Olivia wondering where in the world I was. It was all Devon’s fault for me being late. If he hadn’t called me, I would have already been there ages ago.

I quickly jumped off my board as I entered the entrance of the fair. I hadn’t even searched for that long when I realized Olivia’s hand was swinging back and forth several feet before me. Her squeaky voice was calling my name, but I couldn’t see her face due to the whole crowd that was already hanging out here. As I got closer I started seeing her better. I could tell Jordan was embarrassed by her, and was turning his head pretending he didn’t know her. As soon as he saw me, he quickly walked up to me and took me by the arm.

“Can’t you walk any faster? She has been standing there like that for the past 5 minutes, making sure that if you came, you wouldn’t miss us.” His blush was starting to fade, but I couldn’t help but chuckle. ‘What?” he asked frustrated.

“Nothing, nothing…” I said trying to hide my chuckles. “You’re just so funny when you’re embarrassed. Your face goes all red. Look at yourself!” I said making circles in front of his face making him turn even redder. It was so funny. I quickly went over to Olivia before she would make herself look too stupid. “Hey Olive.” I said as soon as she spotted me and shoved me into the crowd giving me a huge hug.

“Finally Kay! I was beginning to worry! Did you see my over exaggerated sign language?” She asked me completely happy with herself. I nodded and started walking past her.

“Let’s go eat something.” I said as my stomach growled. Jordan nodded and followed me dragging Olivia with him.

“Fish and chips?” I asked them and they both nodded at the same time in response. “Okay, fish and chips it is.” As they waited for me at one of the picnic tables, I went over to the little shop and ordered. The guy at the counter looked me up and down and before turning towards the fish and the chips winked at me with a perverted grin on his face. Jeeezz what was up with these creeps in Seattle? They were everywhere! I Chuckled at his face and turned around to look at my friends who were still waiting for me.