Part 28

Dr. Green

"What kind of injuries do you have Sang? Besides your split lip and bruised cheek." I ask. She was fine two hours ago!

"Now I'll have to put makeup on her too." I hear Gabe grumble.

She smiles at Gabe then answers me. "That's about it. I'm fine." It's obvious she's not telling the truth. She doesn't have a good poker face.

"Liar." Yep, Victor confirms my thoughts."I saw the marks on your chest and I know you could barely move because something hurts."

Her face turns red. Ah, she's embarrassed about it.

"Miss Sorenson," Owen says commands. Poor girl, she doesn't have a chance.

"My left hip. I fell on it when he shoved me down." she answers quietly. The b******.

"And are you injured on your chest?" I don't want to make her uncomfortable but I want to help her.

"He grabbed me when he pulled my blouse and gouged my skin."

I haven't been in a fight for a while, but I'd like a go at the prick.

I look at Owen silently telling him not to leave then I address the boys, "Gentlemen, please excuse us for a few minutes."

Kota, Victor and Gabe exit the room, closing the door behind them.

"Since the school nurse is gone Sang, I'll have to be the one to look at your hip and scratches. Mr. Blackbourne will stay to make sure all is proper, and be a witness to my report." I attempt to lighten the mood. "And to make sure you don't take advantage of me of course."

I had hoped a little joking would calm her but it doesn't. You would think I'm about to take her virginity. Which, by the way she acts, I'm sure is intact.

Mr. Blackbourne retrieves a medical kit from my desk. I take out a gauze pad and direct her to hold it against her split lip. She fumbles with the front of her ripped blouse, trying to remain covered.

"Sang," I tell her gently, "I'm going to just look at the scratches first, okay?"

I slowly pull her hand from the death grip she has on the tattered material. Her blouse spreads open, exposing her white bra and the tops of her pale rounded breasts. Her skin prettily turns pink under my inspection. There are two bloody scratches that start where her breast begins to swell and continue down to the cup of her bra.

The cool air reaches her exposed flesh and her peaks harden under the silky fabric.

Something of my own wants to harden and I scold myself. She's innocent and hurt for god's sake and I'm a doctor! I'm also a nineteen year old man in my prime....

I've seen plenty of naked women, of all shapes and sizes, both from my profession and, well, not. But something about this beautiful, delicate creature puts them all to shame.

I want to protect her and hold her, show her how much enjoyment she can have from her body. But now is not the time and definitely not the place. I throw away all inappropriate thoughts and continue in a professional manner.

"Looks like some deep scratches. I'm just going to clean these with a damp gauze pad." I take an unopened bottled water and pours a little on the pad. Then gently wipe at the scrapes removing the blood there is. Forcing myself to focus on the task and nothing more.

Owen walks to his desk opening a drawer. He pulls out his extra dress shirt. "Once Dr. Green is finished, you can wear this." Good thinking.

"I forgot your handkerchief." I grin, she's so sweet.

"That's okay. You can wear this shirt when you leave." He hands it to her.

"Thank you."

"Alright my dear. Your scratches should heal nicely." I say. "Go ahead and switch shirts so you can button up."

We turn our backs, giving her privacy.

"I'm done."

We turn and I smile. "Very good then. Now let's take a look at your hip." I help her off the desk. "Your left hip is it?"

She nods.

I notice a small zipper at the back."Can you twist your skirt around you so the zipper is on the left side?"

She moves it around.

"I'm going to pull the zipper down and examine the extent of the injury." I gather the bottom of Owen's shirt. "Would you please hold this up?"

She does so staring straight ahead.

I kneel on the floor unzipping her skirt. I pull the skirt down past her hip exposing an ugly bruise that's forming. She's so tiny and curvy at the same time. I hook the band of her underwear with my finger and pull that down as well. Her knees are shaking and my heart goes out to her. I gently probe and ask various questions. Once I'm finished, I pull her underwear back up and zip the skirt. She adjusts her clothes.

"There doesn't appear to be any damage to the bone, but the tissue has swelling and bruising that will get worse over the next twelve hours. Apply ice to it and your cheek when you get home. Keep the scratches clean and rest your body."

I get two Tylenol and hand her the water bottle. "Take these."

She swallows the pills. "Thank you."

"Your welcome Sang, but we do have to stop meeting this way. No more fainting or fighting," I tease. I want to see her as often as I can though.

"No more fainting or fighting." She repeats.

Mr. Blackbourne

Sean asks her what other injuries she has besides those on her face.

"That's about it. I'm fine."

She's lying.

"Liar." Mr. Morgan says."I saw the marks on your chest and I know you could barely move because something hurts."

My jaw clenches, what more don't we see?

"Miss Sorenson." I command.

"My left hip. I fell on it when he shoved me down." her voice is soft.

"And are you injured on your chest?" Sean asks.

"He grabbed me when he pulled my blouse and gouged my skin." I notice the boys clench their fists. I know what Mr. Lee said it true. They value her more than themselves, and they've only known her two days.

Sean catches my eye. He wants me to stay while he examines her. "Gentlemen, please excuse us for a few minutes." They leave and close the door. Sang looks at me, realizing that I'm not going. I remain stoic, not showing any emotion about it.

Sean explains to her that he'll have to look her over and why I'm staying. He throws in a joke about her taking advantage of him. Typical Sean.

I get the medical kit I know is in his desk. He gives her gauze for her bleeding lip.

"Sang," he says , I'm going to just look at the scratches first, okay?"

He slowly pulls her hand away, releasing the twisted material she's holding. Her blouse unfurls exposing the beauty underneath. Her creamy skin is marred by two ugly scratches that run from the top of her breast to the bra. Her skin flushes as her tips pebble.

Thankfully, Dr. Green is able to continue in a professional manner although I know he's just as affected as me. How is she doing this to us? She's not even trying.

I'm riveted as I watch him gently clean the wounds. Her breathing picks up, each inhale lifting her breasts. If my jaw gets any tighter, I'll break a tooth. She looks at me and we lock eyes. She's so innocent, so brave. I break the contact and see that Sean is almost finished.

I grab the spare shirt in my desk. "Once Dr. Green is finished, you can wear this."

"I forgot your handkerchief." She replies. I wouldn't mind if she kept it, something of mine.

"That's okay. You can wear this shirt when you leave." I hand it to her.

"Thank you."

"Alright my dear. Your scratches should heal nicely." Sean says. "Go ahead and switch shirts so you can button up."

We turn our backs......

"I'm done."

I turn and feel oddly pleased to see her in my shirt."Very good then." Sean says, "Now let's take a look at your hip." He helps her down."Your left hip is it?"

She nods

"Can you twist your skirt around you so the zipper is on the left side?"

She does.

"I'm going to pull the zipper down and examine the extent of the injury." He bunches up my neatly pressed shirt."Would you please hold this up?"

She holds it staring at the wall.

I focus on the bruising I see and ignore her exposed hip and waist.

Sean informs her it's just tissue damage and relays his instructions. He gets two Tylenol and hands her the water bottle. "Take these."

She takes them. "Thank you."

"Your welcome Sang, but we do have to stop meeting this way. No more fainting or fighting," he smiles.

"No more fainting or fighting." She repeats.

I open the door for her, the boys waiting against the wall. I see looks of tenderness, concern and adoration on their faces.

They won't let her go.

Mr. Coleman insists on carrying her and they take her away. I watch as they disappear around the corner.

I turn back into the office. Sean is putting the medical kit away. He's unusually quiet, applying more concentration than necessary into the menial task.

He lifts his head up and looks at me. A sly smile spreads on his face.

I raise an eyebrow, "What?"

"You can pretend all you want, but I know you. You were just as affected as I was."

I ignore his comment and gather my things. "I have a coach to talk to about breaking protocol." I say stiffly.

He chuckles as I leave the room. "Enjoy the violin lesson tomorrow!" he shouts.

I pause mid step. I'd almost forgotten about that.

I continue down the hall making sure it's empty before I release a small smile.