9. Never Going Back Again

Start from the beginning

"Here" Niall says handing me the guitar.

"What"

"It's for you"

"What" I repeat staring at him.

This has to be some kind of joke. His way to remind me of everything he has and I don't.

"I mean, it's a loan" Niall clarifies, "but Vic told me you played guitar. And I know what it's like to not be able to do the things you love. And I know how fucking expensive it is to ship guitars abroad. So I thought I'd lend you one"

I don't know what to say.

"T-t-thanks" I mumble, taking the guitar in my hands.

"The cable is my car, let me go and get it" Niall stands up and with a smile, leaves the room.

What the hell just happened

Forget about what I just said about Niall. He's my hero now.

What surprises me the most about this, is the fact that he doesn't brag about what he's done to Vic. In fact, it is not until a week later when Vic enters my room and notices the guitar hanging on the wall.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

October 21st, 2017.

I've just gotten out of the shower. There's a university class dinner tonight and I've said I'll go. Niall and some of his bandmates are coming over for dinner, I believe. Vic is out with Harry and Val and Ed Sheeran.

I chuckle shaking my head. I can't believe she knows all these famous people.

The sound of the front door closing startles me as I finish buttoning up my shirt.

"I'm home!" Vic shouts walking up the stairs, "Hello?"

"Hey!" I greet from my bedroom.

Vic knocks and opens my bedroom door.

"Hi" she smiles, "isn't Niall here?" she asks.

"No"

"Wait, is that Niall's guitar?" she asks pointing at it.

"Yeah, he lent it to me last week" I answer looking at it, "Thought he told you"

"He didn't" Vic says shaking her head.

She takes out her phone and frowns at it.

"Shit" she curses ruffling her hair and walking to the kitchen.

"Everything okay?" I ask following her.

"No" Vic answers sighing, "Niall was supposed to start cooking the fajitas. Liam and Zayn are going to be here in 15 minutes and Harry and Val are coming too and I have to cook fajitas for 7 people all on my own"

I pout my lips. Liam was the one with the huge eagle on his hand right? And Zayn was... I sigh. Why is it still difficult to remember who is who?

I shake my head. That's beside the point. I have to be in Picadilly in 45 minutes. I already showered! But I need to help Vic.

I sigh and take my shirt off, leaving it on a chair, walking to the fridge.

"What are you doing?"

"I'm going out tonight, I told you. But first I'm gonna help you out with the fajitas"

"Dan, you don't have to..."

"But I do" I cut her, "C'mon, hand me the onions and I'll start chopping them. You can start with the chicken breasts"