I nodded. "Let's go."

I walked down the stairs to the dungeons first. Raven seemed a bit timid at the notion of seeing a warrior almost as strong as Lexa. The only difference was that Lexa would protect Raven (or at least I hoped she would) and Luna wouldn't hesitate to slit Raven's throat.

Luna sat against the stone wall. She stared down at her feet with a content smile. That smile was welcoming and comforting on Lexa. But on her sister, it was disturbing. Her hair was wild and messy, so different from Lexa's pulled back and braided hair. As Luna lifted her eyes up to me I realized how different the two girls were. Luna's eyes were dark pools, void of any warmth and compassion, unlike Lexa's, which were full of love, or once were.

"Clarke of the Sky People." Luna acknowledged. I loved when Lexa said my name. She could never say it as my people did, but it almost sounded more right on her lips. Luna said it in the same way, but her tone was accusatory. I scowled at the girl. "Did my sister send you?"

I paused.

Luna smiled. "She doesn't know you're here." She glanced to Raven, who was stuck behind me, just glancing over my shoulder. "Hello, little bird."

Raven's eyes glistened with anger at the belittling nickname. How did she know Raven's name? I placed my hand on her arm to calm her. We hand only been down here for two minutes and I was already impatient with Luna. I was starting to see why Lexa was tense around her sister.

"Has she said anything to you? Am I going to be freed soon?" Luna asked nonchalantly. It wouldn't be a problem for her if she remained in the dungeons, I could see that. She just wanted to know what her sister was thinking.

"I don't think letting you go would be wise." I said.

Luna nodded. She paused a moment. "And why is that?"

I swallowed. "Because you're a monster "

Something flashed across her eyes, only for a brief second. Was she actually hurt by what I said? Had she not already come to the realization herself?

"That may be." Luna said, looking down at her hands. She waited a moment before looking back at me. "When Leksa and I were children, I taught her everything."

"I thought Anya did."

Luna scoffed. "Anya was a fool. I taught Leska everything she needed to know before she even became Anya's second. Anya got credited with it."

I tensed at her words. I didn't know Anya well, but I knew her well enough. She did what was right for her people and was a strong warrior, sometimes ruthlessly so. I would hardly say she was a fool. But between Luna and Costia, it didn't seem like Anya did much to train Lexa.

"I taught her how to swim. I was five winters, and she was two." Luna said nostalgically, looking off.

"You taught her to swim when she was two?"

Luna nodded. "We learn to do everything by ten winters. We have to."

I looked at the girl with sadness. I loved to hear about Lexa's childhood, but it made my heart hurt at the thought of Lexa having to survive through harsh conditions.