I elbowed Han in the ribs immediately.

Of course, he couldn't resist being a smartass. "No, man, return to your trough."

The man frowned. "What the hell did you just say?"

Han leaned forward with a smirk. "Oink."

The guy let his assortment of cold cuts fall onto the ground. He was a massive guy with bulging biceps and thighs made for deadlifting. If I had to guess, I'd say he was an enforcer. Considering Han's lean lookout frame, I'd say that my brother had no chance of winning a fist fight.

Damn.

The guy took a few steps towards Han, lip curling as he let out a low snarl. "You'd better watch yourself, kid, I fought in the war."

Han rolled his eyes. He was his own worst enemy at times. "News flash, Wilbur, we didn't win the war—I'm not impressed in the slightest—"

The guy lifted his fist. "Say that again," he dared.

With a crooked grin, Han opened his mouth. "News flash, Wilbur—"

Han's nose sprayed blood.

The guy shook his fist out with a dep growl. "Have a little respect next time, mutt. Especially when you didn't do a thing to help your species."

Han was slowly standing back up. He held his nose but it was no use, blood was already smeared down his face and neck, staining his front teeth red. I saw the wild look in his eyes. Han liked getting hit. He lived for the rush of it. In a way, I suspected this was the only time he really felt anything at all.

"Congrats on fighting in a bullshit war," Han mumbled, "did killing humans make you feel like a big boy, Miss Piggy?"

The guy would've decked Han again if a woman hadn't intervened. She was a stocky girl with long hair, narrow eyes, and a stern expression. I recognized her instantly if only for her legacy as the first female enforcer in our pack's history.

"Do we have a problem here?" Sarah asked as she eyed up Han and then turned to her enforcer. The big guy flexed his fist and then his jaw, a caveman working through complex emotions for the first time.

"No," he rumbled in submission.

"Finally," Han said as he nudged my shoulder, "he stopped squealing."

The guy nearly burst a blood vessel in his eye. "You little—"

Sarah held up her hand. "We're here to protect our pack mates, Wallace, not harm them." The guy, Wallace, made a sound of distaste. Sarah turned to Han, "are you alright?"

Han grinned, a row of red teeth on full display. "Dandy."

I rubbed my eyes. I heard footsteps approaching and turned to see my parents heading our way. I held in a groan and took a deep breath. This was going to be great.

"Han," my father called sharply, using that familiar undertone of disappointment. My father and brother, though alike, had a seriously rocky relationship. They seldom agreed on anything, my brother egged our dad on, my father refused to give Han credit for anything.

Han winced. "Yes?"

"What the hell happened?" my Dad barked in that awful whisper-yell tone.

Sarah stepped in. "My Apologies, Mr. Ryder—my enforcer here has loose fists."

My dad eyed Han resentfully. "Knowing my son he did something to invite the violence."