3

Lindsey

I trailed him into The Cookout parking lot. Before I got out of the car, he opened my door for me. I guess that's a good start.

We walked into the fast food restaurant, but of course there were paparazzi's everywhere. I don't even know how they could've spotted us anyway.

"August, who's this young lady?"

"Lindsey, is this you new boy toy?"

"Are you two dating?"

"Aug, we should go somewhere else." I whispered in his ear as he tried to lead us in.

He studied my face, "you sure?"

"Yeah, I don't want them to interfere with what we talk about. Pick me up at my house by 9:30." I gave him my address, hugged him and left.

I can tell he wanted the hug to last longer because he held onto my hand when I turned around. Sometimes I just wish that we were still together, but if we were I don't know if we would be as successful as we are today.

Sometimes you gotta break apart to pursue your dreams.

August

Damn, I've really missed that girl right tha'. She's everythin' I eva' wanted and. Needed. Now, to get rid of Maggie's ass so I can get back wit' Li.

----

"MAGGIE! I NEED TO TALK TA' YA'!"

"BEDROOM!"

I walked into the bedroom and see this bitch naked. Is it me, or is she just always naked? I sat down on the bed and rubbed my face.

"Lord knows how temptin' you are, but I need to talk to you about somethin' serious." She wrapped her arms around my neck, but I push them off, "Listen! Damn. Me and you ain't workin'. All we do is fuck and that shit is really gettin' borin'."

She scrunched her face up and looked at me like I was crazy. "The fuck?"

"Yeah, so I'ma need yo' ass out. It's already 7:21 and you need to be gone by 8. Get movin'."

I left the room and went into my livin' room for the time bein'. I feel like if I'ma get my ole lady back , again , I can't have nothin' gettin' in the way.

When Maggie FINALLY dragged her ass outta my house afta' tryna convince me ta' let ha' stay, I decided to get ready. Right now it's 8:24. I did my hygiene and got dressed in some black slacks, a red button down and some Louis Vuitton shoes. I really need to look good tonight. Need ha' lookin' at me like I was a motha'fuckin' meal.

Lindsey

Tonight, I'm wearing a black long sleeve tight dress with the back out and my black Louis Vuitton's. I decided to put my natural hair into a high bun, and I put on my gold jewelry.

Do I want to be back with August? I don't know. I'm not gonna lie. I really missed him though. Maybe this date is for good. A fresh start.

*Ding Dong*

I rushed to the front door to see August standing there looking all nice and shit.

"Well damn." I said out loud.

"Same to you ma." He looked me up and down, then licked his lips.

"Well, come in." I walked him into the living room and ran back upstairs to get my clutch.

"Okay, where are we going?"

"I have reservation at 21 Oceanfront"

"August, that restaurant is expensive." I shook my head starting to sit my clutch down, but he grabbed my arm stopping me.

"Well, you deserve it, so lets go." He took me by my hand and opened the car door for me.

It really seems like August has changed, but I can't be sucked in like I was when I was 18.

The ride to the restaurant was silent, but a comfortable silence.

He hopped out of the car and ran over to my side to open my door, and of course paparazzi. I don't see hi they find joy out of exploiting people.

"We might as well pose." He whispered in my ear.

I looked at him and smiled.

We took a lot of pictures and answered some questions. When I was finished, I over heard August answer this one question.

"So August, whose this young lady you're here with?"

"Well, my high school sweetheart. She the one that got away, but I'm tryin' my best to get ha' back."

I turned around acting like I didn't hear what he said and we walked into 21 Oceanfront.

"Alsina party of two."

"Right this way."

August

Li is looking real good in that dress. That ass and them thighs lookin' right. I see what I've been messing out over the couple years. Her ass got fatter, but not too fat just perfect, her hair got longer, and her breast some damn melons ya' feel me?

"Your waiter will be with you."

I nodded my head and Lin picked up her menu.

"How's everythin' been wit'chu?" I asked.

"Well, I'm living my dream, Sky moved to Texas, I'm single, and my mama died last year."

"Mama died?"

"Yeah, but you would know that if you wouldn't have disappeared." She looked over the edge of the menu and then looked back down.

The look she gave me made my heart sink. I just feel so bad now.

"I'm sorry. I truly am."

She laughed a dry laugh and shook her head, "I've heard that a thousand times, but it's all good."

"Hi, I'm your waiter Thomas and I'll be serving you today. May I start you off with something to drink?"

"Can I get a glass of Syrah"

"Yes. and for you sir?"

"The same."

"Alright I'll be back." He walked away and I focused my attention back on Li.

"Why you mad at me?"

"I'm not mad," She said makin' eye contact with me, "I WAS but I'm not anymore. I understand why you left. You were only tryna make it, but you could've gone about it differently."

"I just, I wish I could've told you"

"Why couldn't you?"

I was about to reply, but the waiter came back wit' our drinks. We ordered our dinner and I continued talkin'.

"I couldn't tell you because I really wasn't sure if I was officially gonna make it. Just like you and your modelin'."

"I would've understood that August. You know me." Her facial expression softened.

"So can we at least take a step forward workin' on our relationship?" I grabbed her hand and looked her in her eyes.

"Yes, we can."

I leaned over the table and kissed her passionately.

Hopefully this will last.