9. Update

Cameron nuzzled my cheek with his cold wet nose, my eyes were anchored to a spot in the forest where I had seen movement. I sniffed the air. "Mate!" "Mate?" Me and Rosalyn thought at the same time. It was the smell of microwave popcorn, burning firewood, with a tang of citric fruits. My eyes widened but I quickly imagined a thick wall blocking my thoughts in my head, worried that Cameron might see them. I hear him call my name, he is right next to me yet it sounds distant. He keeps calling and it begins to sound more clear, "Emily! Wake up! Emily please!" I slowly open my eyes and I see him standing over me with a concerned look. I respond with a confused face. He reads my expression and explains, "you stopped breathing for a little bit while you were sleeping... I got worried..." he blushes and scratches the back of his neck. I smile at his and put my arms around his waist and pull him down playfully. He yelps but then he pulls me on top of him and goes in for a kiss I back away reluctantly but he pulls me towards his lips reassuringly and kisses me. I feel sparks coarse through my body. I arch my back and gasp. I pull away and I bring up last night. He tells me he could see parts of my dream through my thoughts and I shouldn't worry because he will accept me in any shape or form. Then he pulls me back down, gives me a quick peck on my neck. We cuddle for the next half hour, my head on his chest feeling his breathing my head fitting perfectly into the space under his chin. His hand runs through my hair calmly, relaxing me.