Chapter 65

*A/n: Thanks to my lovely friend for doing another video for me. I love it because its basically Lauren's and Dani's relationship through the whole story...

*

It was a week after Thanksgiving, and I was currently walking around the store behind my mom as she pushed the shopping cart. Demi was infront of her, Dallas was further in front of Demi, and Maddie was beside mom. I stayed behind cause I was walking to slow to keep with them, but I didn't mind one bit. It gave me time to think of Christmas presents to get for everyone and what kind of food I wanted to throw into the cart.

"How's the baby?" My mom asked now slowing down and walking beside me when my sisters decided to just run off. "How are you feeling?"

"Well, my feet hurt for starters." I whined. She just laughed and nodded. "I have back pains that are unbearable at times. I get pretty emotional for a lot of things. I want to eat everything, but I have to stop myself before my blood sugar goes crazy and I worry the girls, and that makes me cranky. I just want to cuddle everyone. I throw up all the time and it makes me sick and tired. So mother, I'm basically a pregnant unstable mess." I sighed and looked around the cookie isle.

"It happens to most pregnancies. We all react different ways. I remember just eating a lot of spicy food when I had you. It was bad, but I couldn't stay away." I gave her a cheeky grin before I placed some chip ahos! Into the cart.

When our shopping spree was over and mom helped us unload groceries into our house, we asked her to call dad so we could all have dinner together.

"And the girls?" Maddie asked noticing the house was way to quiet then usual.

"I was just about to ask the same." Mom said, Dallas nodded in agreement.

Since we spent Thanksgiving here, the girls decided to take a small trip to visit their families. They would be back in a week though. Then they said about repeating the process after Christmas and New Years. And since Lauren stood a really long time with her parents, she decided to just stay here and try to finish her AA meetings.

"Uh, everybody left to visit families. Lauren is at an AA metting, but I think she finished an hour ago and took the kids to the movies." Demi answered with a shrug.

"Lauren in an AA meeting?" I never told my parents anything or even Dallas about the situation. We promised whatever happened in this house, stayed in this house. Except what happened at Lauren's parents of course.

"She had a difficult time cooping when her grandmother died. She's doing great now though. She has been doing really well." I smiled and sat on the stool in front of Dallas.

"That's good." I mentally shook my head and looked over Demi who was opening some bag of chips.

After dinner, we said our goodbyes to my parents and Lauren and I took Billi for her bath so we could put her to bed.

"How are you feeling?" Lauren asked dipping her hands in the tub. Ever since we officially broke up, we were more distant then ever before. I know Lauren was talking to somebody, but I didn't want to know about it.

"I'm ok. My back and feet just hurt." She nodded grabbing the shampoo and pouring a good amount into her hands. She then rubbed it into Billi's long brunette hair.

"Do you need anything? I can massage you." She suggested. I shook my head no and leand against the doorframe.

"That's ok. It'll pass." She looked at me intently and sighed. "I'm going to go lay down." I said suddenly and walked over to the bed.

Things between Lauren and I were just plain awkward now. It wasn't the same at all. We kept a great distant from each other except when it came to appointments for the baby, and hangouts with Billi. A part of me hated this thing between us, but the other was so damn glad I was away from Lauren.

"Mommy!" I saw Billi run into the room and jumped on the bed landing beside me. She smiled excitedly and sat up. "Can I sleep here tonight?" She asked.

"Sure!" I exclaimed sitting her on my lap. I kissed her cheek and grabbed the comb from the nightstand. Lauren walked in and climbed into bed beside us.

"Can I ask you something?" Lauren asked sitting up and looking at me. I nodded and gave Billi the brush.

"Ask auntie Normani if she can finish combing it." Isabel nodded happily and skipped out of the room.

"Um, its about Zayn." I looked at her funny before motioning her to continue. "You like him?"

"What!?" I asked shockingly.

"Do you like Zayn?" She repeated. "I know you still like him Dan. Its probably the reason he went over there with you." Her voice sounded a little angry now.

"I'm not going to do this tonight with you." I huffed. This was something we fought about a lot recently.

"I want to know, Dani!" She yelled. "Do you love him?" I ran my hand through my hair.

"Why do you even want to know?" Lauren was beginning to look upset.

"Because, I want to know if there is still a fighting chance with you." I rolled my eyes. I knew she was talking to someone else and I couldn't bring it up.

"I'm not with Zayn. I'm not in love with Zayn. But no. There isn't a fighting chance anymore, Lauren. We're not the same people. We changed so much over the years. We fell in love to fast, we had a kid to fast, we married to fast. Everything is happening rapidly. Now that we're older and things are slowing down, it isn't the same anymore. And you know that." I looked at my hands and released a couple tears that wanted to come out. I was tired of holding in my emotions. "It isn't there anymore, Lauren."

"I see." She mumbled climbing off bed. "Guess you're maybe right." She then walked towards the door and looked at me sadly before leaving out the room.